testtest

M4 VS M7 Sig Spear

There was also a reason the M1 Carbine was very popular with the troops; it was 2/3 the weight of the Garand.

For a weapon that was supposed to be for support troops, etc…it sure was used a lot in front line fighting.
My father in law said it was one of the most traded for rifles in the pacific theater. Guys just loved humping it all day long thru those jungles over the M1.

KF - don't forget these guys featured in the vid are cqb, house/building clearing guys, not long in position army tactics. My soldier buddies don't like it and prefer the light to bring on target and engage m4. It is not that they are pussies, can't handle the weight nor the recoil, it's that they can't see it being used for they were trained for - running up stairs, fast engagement type action.
Understood, but that wont help you in the fields of Iraq, Afghanistan, north Korea or Asia

actually thinking of going to have a look at one of these when the LGS gets one in.....I personally have no issue with a heavy rifle and the .308 recoil is nothing to me so the 6.8 won't be either. If anyone else has backpacked into the hills, forests etc let us know what the experience was so we can hear what you think. 5 guys on a vid does not a decision make. Besides, My colt Hbar was heavy, to some and my AK47 much heavier since all real wood furniture and I didn't whine about that either. Good thread 10mm, good discussion.

It looks like Classic Firearms (or whomever), brought the civilian version of the M7 w/ 16" barrel for this video (at least that's what the video seemed to show to me). The military will be getting the M7 13" barrel version which supposedly is optimal for the 6.8x51 (277 Fury) round. This should make it smaller (than the 16" version), in tight operating conditions. Plus are the Special Force units part of the NGSW program and be getting these rifles, of would they'd be getting a weapons platform that's more conductive to missions that they are asked to preform. Granted, the regular infantry soldier could be called upon for CQB and would therefore need to be proficient with the M7 albeit w/ 13" barrel not 16" as shown in the video.

It looks like Classic Firearms (or whomever), brought the civilian version of the M7 w/ 16" barrel for this video (at least that's what the video seemed to show to me). The military will be getting the M7 13" barrel version which supposedly is optimal for the 6.8x51 (277 Fury) round. This should make it smaller (than the 16" version), in tight operating conditions. Plus are the Special Force units part of the NGSW program and be getting these rifles, of would they'd be getting a weapons platform that's more conductive to missions that they are asked to preform. Granted, the regular infantry soldier could be called upon for CQB and would therefore need to be proficient with the M7 albeit w/ 13" barrel not 16" as shown in the video.
The 13" barrel is really not optimal for the 6.8x51, it's a compromise for the following.

The Military still wanted to have a compact platform since the M7 will regularly have a suppressor attached taking the OAL to ~16"+, so they wanted the 6.8x51 "hybrid" loads to operate at very high pressures in order to get the desired performance that they wanted.

The 6.8x51 will have better performance in the M250 LMG which has a longer 17.5" barrel plus more with also a suppressor.

Back