testtest

Massive Verizon Outage

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Verizon network went down about 10:00 am this morning nationwide, some still may have service but most will only see SOS, lost mine about 10:15, no estimate when service will be restored according to Verizon, “there aware of an issue and there techs are working on it”

IMG_3283.png

Looks like it’s spreading, not just Verizon now

Landlines now are internet service phone connections. My internet (Spectrum) goes out WAY more than my cell service (Verizon). Let me clarify, all landlines near me (myself included until I dropped my "landline" about 4 years ago) are internet service connected. I dropped it because it was internet service connected. Makes me worry about not being able to call 911...but so far so good.

BTW, I live on my Verizon cell while working, it did not drop at all today in southern WI. Lucky me.

When connected to a wifi I call using wifi-calling. Works best in low service signal areas like my house and an all metal building w/o windows.
Funny story about WIFI calling…..
When I was in Montana I was in a no cell coverage area and had to run my generator to power the equipment to run internet through a (Hugh’s Net satellite) system provided by the company I worked for…. I had some issues with it and had to call HN customer service, when I was talking to the lady I told her I was sometimes having trouble with WIFI calling…she said the HN service does not allow that and it won’t work??? Really I said how do you think I’m talking to you right now?? She hung up on me. 😂😂😂

It was so weird. I was sitting in the office yesterday. My co-worker's phone, on Verizon, wouldn't work. She couldn't get ahold of her daughter or husband, both also on Verizon; none of their phone were working - she tried calling them from a landline. I was sitting about 20 feet from her. I am on Verizon and I was getting texts like crazy. I texted my wife and my daughter, both on the same plan is me, and they were both in two different parts of the city.

Still in SOS. I usually have several texts from vendors by now. Crickets... Rather refreshing but, I almost forsee a run on landline installations :ROFLMAO:. Seriously though...almost seems orchestrated. One way to cripple us..
Given the numbers of people who can’t seem to function without theirs, shutting down the whole thing would sure disrupt what passes for “normal” these days…

Back