testtest

Maybe no more tax stamp on suppressors?

i would buy a new pistol and new barrels and a few in short order
the range time lower LOUD levels are nice
plus my 308 with a suppressor would be reallllllllly nice in the woods

For those who have NOT used one, know that not all suppressors give “Hollywood quiet”, they typically will lower sound 25-35 db or so, BUT the sound is still very noticeable in many cases. Plus, a supersonic round will still generate the “crack” as it breaks the sound barrier. To date, I’ve never fired or seen a truly “quiet” 9 mm, 5.56 or 7.62. My nephew has .300 whisper that’s pretty quiet from a rifle and my sons suppressed .22 rifle is very quiet with subsonic ammo.

Without federal regulation a suppressor would cost $200 instead of $1000 so there’s that.
Gee. How much would guns cost?

Suppressors cost 10-15 times what they would cost if they weren't a niche product selling to a small percentage of gun owners. The profit needs to be higher to support a company, not a fee.

For those who have NOT used one, know that not all suppressors give “Hollywood quiet”, they typically will lower sound 25-35 db or so, BUT the sound is still very noticeable in many cases. Plus, a supersonic round will still generate the “crack” as it breaks the sound barrier. To date, I’ve never fired or seen a truly “quiet” 9 mm, 5.56 or 7.62. My nephew has .300 whisper that’s pretty quiet from a rifle and my sons suppressed .22 rifle is very quiet with subsonic ammo.
Right. They're still really loud and right on the bubble of where you still need hearing protection

Gee. How much would guns cost?

Suppressors cost 10-15 times what they would cost if they weren't a niche product selling to a small percentage of gun owners. The profit needs to be higher to support a company, not a fee.
Why are the a niche product ?

Government regulation.

Subsonic 9mm and .45’s are quiet enough to shoot comfortably without earpro outdoors, I’ve found.

Subsonic 9mm and .45’s are quiet enough to shoot comfortably without earpro outdoors, I’ve found.
True, but the one’s I’ve shot and been around it was still very obvious a firearm was being discharged. At a local outdoor range I used a sound level meter and was getting 100-110 db-a lot quieter than non suppressed but still a fair bit above the “safe” level avoid damage to your hearing.. Hearing loss is cumulative. For anything above a .22 lr that’s suppressed I’d still use muffs. That’ll get you well into the “safe” range.

True, but the one’s I’ve shot and been around it was still very obvious a firearm was being discharged. At a local outdoor range I used a sound level meter and was getting 100-110 db-a lot quieter than non suppressed but still a fair bit above the “safe” level avoid damage to your hearing.. Hearing loss is cumulative. For anything above a .22 lr that’s suppressed I’d still use muffs. That’ll get you well into the “safe” range.
A suppressor is just that: to “suppress” the noise.
It wont get rid of it.
Certain pistols rounds / suppressor combination will be super quiet and so can a .22.

I have suppressed from .22 to .308.
The 9mm sub gun is quiet. The .22 sub gun is stupid quiet. Rifle calibers. Not so much.

@SimonRL lever gun with .38 specials was so quiet a mouse fart was louder

A suppressor is just that: to “suppress” the noise.
It wont get rid of it.
Certain pistols rounds / suppressor combination will be super quiet and so can a .22.

I have suppressed from .22 to .308.
The 9mm sub gun is quiet. The .22 sub gun is stupid quiet. Rifle calibers. Not so much.

@SimonRL lever gun with .38 specials was so quiet a mouse fart was louder
You got it. Subsonic ammo in a longer tube CAN be pretty quiet, esp in .22. Thing is folks who’ve never been around one think you can slap a can on anything and presto, it’s silent just like in the movies. Nice fairytale, but not quite the real thing (‘course in the movies they get mouse fart sound out of a revolver🙄).

Back