testtest

Meprolight Pro F & Pro S

TNSteelersFan

Operator
Have any of y'all seen or bought 1 of the 2 new enclosed emitter optics by Meprolight, the Pro F (full-size) & Pro S (compact)? While they have kind of a funky ACRO-style mount, I've see a few ppl on various Reddit subs who've gotten them & liked them A LOT. 2 person in particular, with whom I interact quite frequently on the Springfield sub, has the Pro F on his Echelon & he can't say enough good things about it.

The full-size model (Pro F) seems to be roughly the same height as an ACRO or MPS, but maybe a little wider. It's always hard to tell from online pics, since the 1st time I say a RCR in person I was SHOCKED at how much smaller it was than it looked online. The Pro S seems to be about the same height as a Holosun EPS, but again, wider.

I've read that the IDF has been using Meprolight's stuff with great success. And their price point is VERY competitive with Holosun's. Not to mention that I'd rather spend my money with an Israeli company than 1 owned by the PLA, & that's the PLA's sole supplier of small arms optics.

I have been on the fence for a while about Holosun. They are a great product from what I've been told,, but like you, having a hard time justifying feeding the PLA machine. I have been researching the Meprolight line for a while and I think your info here has nudged me closer to Meprolight. I'm hearing good things about them.

I have been on the fence for a while about Holosun. They are a great product from what I've been told,, but like you, having a hard time justifying feeding the PLA machine. I have been researching the Meprolight line for a while and I think your info here has nudged me closer to Meprolight. I'm hearing good things about them.
I DO love my EPS. To me, having an enclosed emitter optic THAT small is PERFECT. But when there's an Israeli company out there, with combat proven optics, for a lower price point, it's kind of a no-brainer to me. And, as I mentioned, I'm willing to give those Romeo X Pro Enclosed optics a try as well.

I DO love my EPS. To me, having an enclosed emitter optic THAT small is PERFECT. But when there's an Israeli company out there, with combat proven optics, for a lower price point, it's kind of a no-brainer to me. And, as I mentioned, I'm willing to give those Romeo X Pro Enclosed optics a try as well.
Sig optics are rebranded Holosun. Just an FYI.

They did cooperate with the ChiComs on their optics. Not sure WHICH ones, but they have at some point.
For sure the Romeo’s. I have 4 or 5 of the laying around somewhere. They’re solid. Especially for the money. But…..

After you ( I think it was you) posted that article awhile back I started looking at other optics, including Meprolight. Which I’m going to try next.

It’s hard to get a straight answer on all of them but Romeo Zero, Zero Elite, Romeo2, Romeo M17 and Romeo X are USA made. The Gen 1 Romeo 5 is Chinese made. I don’t know about the new Gen 2 Romeo 5.
Well, if the Romeo X is USA made, that explains the price of the enclosed version. That, & its brand-spankin new. However, last wk I saw 1 on GunDeals for $380. Whoever had it at that price DOESN'T anymore. But as the time draws closer for my next gun around the spring of next yr, I'll be checking GunDeals regularly.

I'm betting that thing would be pretty badass on the Echelon or the M&P M2.0 Carry Comp, both of which are tied at #1 on my "next gun" list, followed by a G19.3 build.

For sure the Romeo’s. I have 4 or 5 of the laying around somewhere. They’re solid. Especially for the money. But…..

After you ( I think it was you) posted that article awhile back I started looking at other optics, including Meprolight. Which I’m going to try next.
Yep, that was me who posted that Vermillion China article. God, what an eye popper THAT was.

And while I realize this could be considered "quibbling," I know that Swampfox told me, on their Reddit sub, when I wrote a post in essence begging them to come out with an enclosed optic that's the size of the EPS, their response was, "we may or may not be working on something like this." Now, I know that they make their optics in ChiCom land. They're actually made in a factory where BMW makes their electronics suites. But to me, there's a difference between buying something from an American company that's made in China vs buying a Chinese product made by a PLA defense contractor.

They did cooperate with the ChiComs on their optics. Not sure WHICH ones, but they have at some point.
Almost all of Sig’s initial offerings were USA assembled with foreign - mostly Chinese - components. They seem to be moving away from that now and have three factories in the US that are making optics.

Unfortunately, economies of scale seems to dictate that affordable red dots will continue to have foreign components. Right now, the vast majority of pistol optics have Chinese sourced components in them. That’s why you see the Assembled in the USA tag. I noticed that Meprolight says that their pistol optics are Israeli designed and built in their factory, but doesn’t specify where their components are made.

But to me, there's a difference between buying something from an American company that's made in China vs buying a Chinese product made by a PLA defense contractor.
To me, this is splitting hairs. Replace PLA with Chinese Government. Everything in China exists at the pleasure of the Chinese govt. China is China. As you well know BMW’s, govt was bent on world dominance on more than one occasion and killed thousands of Americans in those endeavors. Now we rush out to buy their products. History says they’d do it again if the opportunity was prime.

Almost all of Sig’s initial offerings were USA assembled with foreign - mostly Chinese - components. They seem to be moving away from that now and have three factories in the US that are making optics.

Unfortunately, economies of scale seems to dictate that affordable red dots will continue to have foreign components. Right now, the vast majority of pistol optics have Chinese sourced components in them. That’s why you see the Assembled in the USA tag. I noticed that Meprolight says that their pistol optics are Israeli designed and built in their factory, but doesn’t specify where their components are made.
They're made in the PI (Philippines).

To me, this is splitting hairs. Replace PLA with Chinese Government. Everything in China exists at the pleasure of the Chinese govt. China is China. As you well know BMW’s, govt was bent on world dominance on more than one occasion and killed thousands of Americans in those endeavors. Now we rush out to buy their products. History says they’d do it again if the opportunity was prime.
As a Jew myself, trust me, I detest all things Nazi. But I'd have to respectfully disagree with you here. Both "Ze Chermans" & the Japanese thought their people were the "master race." Now, in "Chermany," Muslims race, murder, & defile churches & Synagogues, & hardly a peep from their government. This has been going on for the better part of 20+ yrs.

Meanwhile, the Japanese HAVEN'T let in massive numbers of immigrants of ANY variety because, despite them being nuked to end WW2, they're still a pretty closed society when it comes to "gaijin," (meaning "barbarian," not "foreigner"). And they certainly don't hate US. They hate who they've hated for thousands of years, the Chinese. And that works out well for us.

Back