testtest

Mossberg 500 safety issue

So NDZ shipped the part out really fast. The tracking info showed it had been delivered to my mailbox like 3 days later. It wasn't. It took a couple days and filing a complaint with the USPS to figure out the issue. I talked to the postmaster at my local post office a few days after all the tracking info showed it had been delivered. She told me they delivered it to a residence with the same street numbers, but on a different street. The carrier supposedly knew what house and left a note asking to return the package. A few days later I still didn't have it so I called up there and she told me the people hadn't responded so they stopped their mail until they gave the package back. A week or so goes by and I have given up so I decided that Monday ( Tomorrow) I would just order another one.

So I get home from training yesterday evening and there on my table is my package. It had been opened, but everything I ordered was still inside. I have zero patience so about 9:30 last night I am out in the shed cleaning the guns I shot and swapping the safety on the Mossberg. :)
Which brings me to a question. The safety came ( thankfully) with a new screw and the appropriate hex key. Does anyone think I should have put blue Loc-tite on that screw ? Because I didn't and don't really want to. I tightened it pretty good.

So NDZ shipped the part out really fast. The tracking info showed it had been delivered to my mailbox like 3 days later. It wasn't. It took a couple days and filing a complaint with the USPS to figure out the issue. I talked to the postmaster at my local post office a few days after all the tracking info showed it had been delivered. She told me they delivered it to a residence with the same street numbers, but on a different street. The carrier supposedly knew what house and left a note asking to return the package. A few days later I still didn't have it so I called up there and she told me the people hadn't responded so they stopped their mail until they gave the package back. A week or so goes by and I have given up so I decided that Monday ( Tomorrow) I would just order another one.

So I get home from training yesterday evening and there on my table is my package. It had been opened, but everything I ordered was still inside. I have zero patience so about 9:30 last night I am out in the shed cleaning the guns I shot and swapping the safety on the Mossberg. :)
Which brings me to a question. The safety came ( thankfully) with a new screw and the appropriate hex key. Does anyone think I should have put blue Loc-tite on that screw ? Because I didn't and don't really want to. I tightened it pretty good.
As far as loctite goes it's your call? I've used some blue and/or green in various small parts that I usually don't on most other guns of the same style. About the package that pisses me off that has happened to me more than once! Yes it was opened and thankfully everything was there. The worst thing it took several days before it came back! On a high note you have a replacement that didn't take 180 days to get delivered. May all your functions be........well not get funct 🤬

As far as loctite goes it's your call? I've used some blue and/or green in various small parts that I usually don't on most other guns of the same style. About the package that pisses me off that has happened to me more than once! Yes it was opened and thankfully everything was there. The worst thing it took several days before it came back! On a high note you have a replacement that didn't take 180 days to get delivered. May all your functions be........well not get funct 🤬
Yeah I guess 3 weeks isn’t too long to wait for a $19 part. 🤣

On the bright side each piece was in a sealed baggie inside the package. And it is a great upgrade. Much better than the stock safety.

Yes that was SOP at Mossberg during a service repair, a very small amount on the threads.

So I just got back from the range. After every shot with 00B the safety slid back a little bit and engaged. It also happened about every 3rd or 4th shot with target loads. Since I know some of you guys are really familiar with Mossberg shotguns I thought I would ask if this was a common problem and what the fix is.
Same here with the safty kicking on bad Design, luckily, it's so convenient to use LOL. A bit of a deal breaker though. I was 12 when I got mine And still have it? But I bought a Remington when I turned 18.

Did Stevens 67copy mosberg 500 or other way round eather way we all have found memories it kida like the speicle needs girl that put out in middle school, nother to brag bout but fun

Same here with the safty kicking on bad Design, luckily, it's so convenient to use LOL. A bit of a deal breaker though. I was 12 when I got mine And still have it? But I bought a Remington when I turned 18.
It took years and years for that first safety to wear out and that shotgun has had almost exclusively 00B and slugs it’s entire life. I’ll take it over an 870 any day.

It took years and years for that first safety to wear out and that shotgun has had almost exclusively 00B and slugs it’s entire life. I’ll take it over an 870 any day.
Boom. I have had mine for probably 30 years, lord knows how many shells. Never had an issue so far. Same cannot be said for the 870 I had before it, which was traded in to help pay for the Mossberg.

That plastic safety button has been a known issue on Mossbergs for years. Many years ago when I bought my 590, the first thing I did was change out that safety button.
BTW: for guns, I prefer to use Purple loc-tite. Its specifically designed for small screws, holds tight, yet is easy to remove. ;)

That would be great brother.
Bob as a follow-up; over the last few weeks I’ve made multiple attempts to contact employees I worked with at Mossberg to find out many no longer work there or received no call backs.
Like Springfield Armory Mossberg has an outstanding CS department and when I worked for
Mossberg/Maverick Arms,
Maverick Arms being the assembly/repair facility in Texas their turn around time was less than a week.
Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Bob as a follow-up; over the last few weeks I’ve made multiple attempts to contact employees I worked with at Mossberg to find out many no longer work there or received no call backs.
Like Springfield Armory Mossberg has an outstanding CS department and when I worked for
Mossberg/Maverick Arms,
Maverick Arms being the assembly/repair facility in Texas their turn around time was less than a week.
Sorry I couldn’t help more.
All good brother. That shotgun has zero problems these days.

Back