testtest

My Sig Previous Two Day Acquisitions

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Well I hinted in another thread that @TEXASforLIFE started about his eventual S&W purchase (very nice TFL (y) ), that my Sig Sauer order I placed several months ago finally came in. I was finally able to get to my LGS Thursday to pick it up, and was talked into mounting a scope as well. So full disclosure, I ordered the Sig Spear MCX in 6.8x51 (.277 Fury) 16" rifle, and mounted a Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x24 LVPO. They didn't have any cantilever mounts, so they mounted it with rings, but ordered me a cantilever mount which I preferred. Well low and behold, the Cantilever mount came in the very next day (Friday), and I proceeded to swap the rings for that mount (receiving a small refund on the rings). When I bought the Spear on Thursday, I was told it qualified for the Sig promotion "Get 9 Event" which is one of three options for that promotion (mine was buy a Spear MCX (Spear LTs excluded), and get a free Sig M17 or M18.) Already owning the M17X with their high price optic, I licked my chops thinking about getting the M18. Unfortunately, when I enter my serial number it indicated it was invalid and to call customer support. I did and was told it only applied to 3 SKUs spelled out on the website (although placard at store didn't specify that (see picture below)), all qualifying SKUs started with 762... (mine 68...). Even though it is a Spear MCX, I was told that since it wasn't available when promotion started (9/3/24 - 10/31/24), the 6.8x51 doesn't qualify only the 308 models. I was informed Friday that their sister store also sold a 6.8x51 Spear and told that customer it was part of this promotion as well (so Sig should expect another angry customer call). Anyways, I complained to my LGS when I went back on Friday, and they gave me their Sig Sales Rep. number to call Monday and they'll call and complain to him too (will be the store(s) owner and gun counter manager). So it's not over yet so we'll see how it goes.
Well Friday, I also lost to temptation and bought the Sig P226 XFive Classic (I already have the P226 XFive Legion). Well low and behold, this is also one of the 3 options for Sig's current promotion and the LGS verified the SKU as being valid (I haven't tried entering it yet). This one however only allows for a free P365 (OG) which I already have. However my LGS said if I ship it to them, they'll take it and apply it as a trade for the P365 AXG Legion I had my eye on, so I'll probably go that route. Very expensive two days (also bought: 277 Fury; 9mm; and 338 Lapua ammo, Rifle case, and laser bore sight), but you only live once.
Anyways, enough of my babbling 🗣️🙄🥱😴😆, here some pictures of the rifle with stock fully collapsed, (notice it also has an additional side charging handle, it’s full ambi including bolt release, and probably more features to find); the P226 XFive Classic; and the promotion Placard specially for the Spear MCX option:

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg

very sharp looking. on the promo thing - you wuz robbed! hopefully it works out
Thanks. Yeah I told that to the lead Customer Rep. I talked to. Everyone in both stores thought so too and will try to complain to their sales representative (as will I). They should make the 6.8x51 part of the promotion and then going forward, change the placard if they don't want it included (but early customers seeing this current placard should be grandfathered in with the freebie)

@BET7 you'd think after spending 15k you'd get something free
Well it was about 10K, but that's what they were all saying at the LGS. I told the Customer Service Lead to take a look at my Sig registry (and that didn't include the P226 XFive Classic I bought after speaking with him), and the boat load of firearms I own from Sig (probably a touch more than the S&W and Sprinfields that also are up there). All I got after he apparently looked was "your a good Sig customer, and we appreciate your business, but the promotion director I spoke with won't budge on this". He did offer 20% off in their store, or a magazine, etc. I asked for another 6.8x51 mag since the rifle only came with one. Since the color is proprietary to Sig, they don't have many currently available and he back ordered one for me. He also gave me his personal contact number so I can use him as my customer rep if other problems arise (already started talking to him on some Sig optic issues I've had on some that I own). So that's a benefit of sorts I suppose.

Thanks DD. Yeah maybe their Sales rep with the store owner and me complaining will have more pull with the promotion department than the Customer Service rep I talked with did. Since I already know that me and another customer thought this was part of the promo, I can only suspect by seeing the current Sig placards that Sig provide to their dealers, that others will probably begin complaining as more of the 6.8x51 Spear MCXs are sold. My LGS got 2 (one mine), and the sister store got 3 (sold at least one that I know about). So the 6.8s are being shipped and I expect more complaints will arise

Wow! I don't feel like I have such a loose wallet after seeing your new stuff. :) I sure hope Sig gets there :poop: in a group and gives you the freebie. It's not fair when they have exclusions and don't mention them up front. I thought that was called false advertising. I hope they cave to the pressure!
Thanks Bella, but the LGS took my wallet as well :sneaky:.
Yeah the guys at the LGS were all claiming false advertising too. If you scan the QR code (takes you to the promo website), or just search for their current promo and go the the website that way, it is spelled out on there what SKUs qualify for this portion of this offering. The problem I told the Rep was people may be buying the 6.8 by being entice by this placard thinking "I get a free gun to boot" (basically a 5-6 hundred dollar rebate on the rifle)

Back