testtest

N.Year range day report

My gun club is open 365 days a year. And not only can I draw however I please, I can erect barricades, run drills and train to my heart's content. No fancy concrete sidewalls, but we have a shack full of targets and accessories, concrete walkways with benches, 12, 25, 50, 100 and 200 yard berms with permanent target stands and steel gongs on the 100 and 200 yard berms. Plus we have 15 different shotgun ranges, trap houses and random empty ranges. Also deer and turkey hunting and the owner breeds Brittany Spaniels and raises quail, chukkar and pheasants if one was so inclined to "hunt" pen raised birds, which I am not. Middle of nowhere, 8 miles from my house, $150/year.
I have a little farther to travel for my range at 19 miles but for $30.00 a year I force myself to do it.

Other than the hunting part, which is not free, you are left to your own devices. I am almost always completely alone, which is just how I like it. I do often run into an old guy called Jeff who is the best friend of the owner Bill and who has taught me a lot of very cool stuff. Anyway, those " Amenities", like hunting with the dogs and what not are extras above and beyond my membership. You can upgrade your membership to include those things, but since I have no interest in hunting pen raised birds, I don't. And if I did want to bird hunt it's real affordable. $5 a bird or something.

It's a very big piece of property with a lot of different ranges, but they are all unmanned. There is no RO and the only rules are the standard general safety rules. There is a lodge where they have couches and a kitchen, complete with a woman who will cook for you ( free). Coffee and soft drinks (free). Comfortable lounging. They have ammo ( mostly shotgun shells) for sale and reloaders and other stuff. Lots of taxidermy on the wall and unique and antique guns, etc.. They always ask me if I want something to eat or anything, but other than occasionally picking the old guys' brains about this or that I pretty much just go in, sign in on the range sheet and go out to shoot. Then sign out on my way out.
All I can say bass Bob is that is super cool love to do that with you some day

Back