testtest

Need some feedback on S&W M&P 2.0 10mm Performane Center with ported barrel

I'm looking for a rural animal control pistol accurate with good stopping power vs. Feral pigs and maybe bear when I'm hiking/camping and don't want to carry my .44 mag rifle. Hear that it's powerful, and accurate. Any first-hand experience out there having trouble finding a range where I can try it out.

These guys like it: youtube.com/watch?v=23j3qejy3nl

Last edited:
I'm looking for a rural animal control pistol accurate with good stopping power vs. Feral pigs and maybe bear when I'm hiking/camping and don't want to carry my .44 mag rifle. Hear that it's powerful, and accurate. Any first-hand experience out there having trouble finding a range where I can try it out.

I have the S&W 610 revolver in 10mm, I have taken it hunting several times awhile back, the gun is heavy so it absorbs the recoil of full power loads, also the link you posted isn’t going to work, you need to copy and paste from YouTube to here, by itself, just post it then make your comments below the link and it should work for you….just a FYI

that video is no longer available

I have all 3 S&W M&P 2.0 10mm pistols. I've shot the PC 5.6" ported model and it was very accurate and I really like it. I wasn't shooting any hot 10mm loads (like Buffalo Bore, Underwood or Double Tap, etc.). just 180gr S&B FMJs. I believe @TEXASforLIFE has all the S&W M&P 10mm models as well, and can probably add more about them.

As much as I like my Glock's (g20 & g40), I'll give them up for the s&w 10 mills, especially for the pc 5.6" model! 165's are the heaviest I'll reload for in 10mm, but have shot some armscor 180fpj's which worked well. The 4" (compact) is under construction (changing recoil springs) right now to tame recoil. The 5.6 is the wasy btton.

As much as I like my Glock's (g20 & g40), I'll give them up for the s&w 10 mills, especially for the pc 5.6" model! 165's are the heaviest I'll reload for in 10mm, but have shot some armscor 180fpj's which worked well. The 4" (compact) is under construction (changing recoil springs) right now to tame recoil. The 5.6 is the wasy btton.
Yea, definitely not fond of a Glock in 10mm, now my XDm Elite Compact, it’s kinda of a handful, but not to bad

I like mine so far. i did cheat and use a tree as a crutch

20240226_095649.jpg
20240226_101139.jpg

Not downing the 10mm but why not a 44mag revolver?

For those of you with the S&W M&P, I read reports of some people's magazines dropping free in certain circumstances, without the mag release being pressed. Something about certain ammo interfering with the catch, may have been hard cast ammo? Has anyone run into this? I am thinking of getting one of these tenners.

For those of you with the S&W M&P, I read reports of some people's magazines dropping free in certain circumstances, without the mag release being pressed. Something about certain ammo interfering with the catch, may have been hard cast ammo? Has anyone run into this? I am thinking of getting one of these tenners.
I have both of the smith 10mm. They are decent guns but i wouldn't trade my SA elite 10mm for either of them

I’ve shot over 100 rounds with the S&W Performance Center 10mm, with no problems with mags dropping or anything else.

Back