testtest

Need some feedback on S&W M&P 2.0 10mm Performane Center with ported barrel

I also have a Desert Eagle 1911 10mm, that's not going anywhere, but it's not optic ready or have a light rail. I'm thinking of the M&P PC 10mm as a defensive piece.
Yeah I have the DE 1911 10mm as well as all 3 RIA 10mm 1911 double stack models, all the Glock 10mm’s, several SA 10mms (including 6” TRP), Colt, Ruger CMMG Banshee, the S&W 610 Revolver that @Annihilator spoke of, FN’s 510, 2 Sig X-TEN P320s, etc. You might say I like the 10mm platform (I want to get the 10mm Stribog next as I love the 2 9mm Stribogs I own), and that would be correct.

Yeah I have the DE 1911 10mm as well as all 3 RIA 10mm 1911 double stack models, all the Glock 10mm’s, several SA 10mms (including 6” TRP), Colt, Ruger CMMG Banshee, the S&W 610 Revolver that @Annihilator spoke of, FN’s 510, 2 Sig X-TEN P320s, etc. You might say I like the 10mm platform (I want to get the 10mm Stribog next as I love the 2 9mm Stribogs I own), and that would be correct.
It sounds like you have every 10mm pistol out there except the High-Point!

How would you rank the non-1911 models?

Which do you have? There are 3 models, the 4", 4.6", and the Performance Center.
20221027_143618.jpg
20221027_143618.jpg
20240118_121529.jpg

It sounds like you have every 10mm pistol out there except the High-Point!

How would you rank the non-1911 models?
😂, I'll leave the Hi-Points to @Belt Fed & @10mmLife (although I hear their carbines are pretty good). Well (I may be forgetting some I haven't listed), but I have shot both the FN 510 and one of the Sig X-Tens (I just picked up the Sig X-Ten Endure and haven't shot that yet). The S&W M&P PC 10mm shot more accurate for me and felt a bit better to grip (although the others I can get use to). I have not shot the SA XDm 5.25" (now discontinued), nor the XDm Elite 3.8" models yet, so can't speak of those at this time.

Edit: Oh I forgot about the Glocks. I shot the G40 6" and it wasn't as accurate as the Smith but OK (Still like the M&P style grip better), the G20 and G29 I haven't shot yet but will probably shoot the G20 in a CAA MCK PCC Kit this Tuesday but that will be hard to compare to actually holding/shooting just the pistol alone.

Last edited:
😂, I'll leave the Hi-Points to @Belt Fed & @10mmLife (although I hear their carbines are pretty good). Well (I may be forgetting some I haven't listed), but I have shot both the FN 510 and one of the Sig X-Tens (I just picked up the Sig X-Ten Endure and haven't shot that yet). The S&W M&P PC 10mm shot more accurate for me and felt a bit better to grip (although the others I can get use to). I have not shot the SA XDm 5.25" (now discontinued), nor the XDm Elite 3.8" models yet, so can't speak of those at this time.
Thank you for your insight. I'm looking for a 10mm pistol that has a rail, that is either optic ready or can be easily milled.

I have the xdm precision 5.25" along with the 4" and 5.6"pc. None of them ever failed me. No mag issues accidental or not with the ejecting mags when firing as some reported. If all were like the 1.0 9mm I have it would be a plus.......drops the slide when mag is inserted. I love it! Speeds up lost time as no need to push on the slide release. Yesterday I showed someone at the range about what the 1.0 would do an 2.0 wouldn't. The factory ported 4.25 and 5" tames +p ammo like none other! Standard pressure ammo is way tame with those 2! Both are lightweight firearms and no need for full metal or added tungsten.

Not downing the 10mm but why not a 44mag revolver?
It's a personal choice of course but basically: recoil; and tbh If a bear charges me I know I can put all of the clip of a 10mm into it quickly on target at a 50 foot distance with confidence, I'm personally not as confident and a lot slower putting Harry's weapon (S&W model 29) on target, but that's a "me" problem.

It's a personal choice of course but basically: recoil; and tbh If a bear charges me I know I can put all of the clip of a 10mm into it quickly on target at a 50 foot distance with confidence, I'm personally not as confident and a lot slower putting Harry's weapon (S&W model 29) on target, but that's a "me" problem.
I brought up the 44 Mag as you mentioned you have a 44 Mag rifle. Multiple 10mm hits versus one or two with the 44Mag makes good sense. Good luck.

No, you won’t get a mag into it at 50 feet if it’s charging—you’ll be lucky to get 2,3 shots off, max, if you want any chance of hitting.

You do you, but I’d much rather use a bigger, heavier, faster bullet to make that stop.

Back