testtest

New EDC

Deathseed

Alpha
Hello Everyone,

I am new to EDC. I have read a lot but I have not been able to go out for classes yet. The opportunities are limited currently but I am looking for options and working to make the time.

I have a Hellcat Pro but I'm trying to find a belt and there are so many options that it is hard to know what is a good belt and what is good marketing.

I would appreciate any recommendations that you could share.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to EDC. I have read a lot but I have not been able to go out for classes yet. The opportunities are limited currently but I am looking for options and working to make the time.

I have a Hellcat Pro but I'm trying to find a belt and there are so many options that it is hard to know what is a good belt and what is good marketing.

I'm a big fan of Kore Essentials, they have great EDC belts. They are very stiff to hold your gun but comfortable to wear normally when not carrying a weapon. I'm sure you will get all sorts of recommendations but check them out you won't be disappointed.

The only belts I use.
100yr warranty.
I've bought several different designs from this company and not one disappointment in the batch.

Hello Everyone,

I use Kore or Groove belt depending on what I am doing

Welcome to the forum and EDC. I use Hanks gunner belts, lifetime guarantee and the great look of heavy fine leather. I have two, one for work pants, now i an retired it is used for outdoor work pantsone for everyday pants and dress

I'm a big fan of Kore Essentials, they have great EDC belts. They are very stiff to hold your gun but comfortable to wear normally when not carrying a weapon. I'm sure you will get all sorts of recommendations but check them out you won't be disappointed.
Have three, very good belts for EDC.

Bought a Kore 2-some years ago, been "testing" it since purchased. I've worn it 3-4 days/week, every week, for 2 years. It has been excellent. I have quite the dunlap, and it is still comfortable. Only had to "burn" off frayed fabric once over the test period (removed the buckle and some of the fabric was fraying...put a lighter to it, problem solved.) Kore's have a huge size variation for fat-skinny folks with the same belt (long ratchet-section for cinching). I won't be looking elsewhere in my time here for a gun belt. Under $80 iirc.

This is probably going to be controversial, but, Honestly, the Hellcat Pro is so light I don't think you really NEED a gun belt. I carry a Hellcat Pro and often just use a leather belt by Dickies

Now, all the recommendations here are great. Can't go wrong with any

With that being said, I picked up a very nice belt from Crossbreed Seconds. About half the cost and great quality. It is thick.

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/belts/

I use it when I am carrying my G17 or Kimber Custom 45 1911

Welcome to the forum, Deathseed!

Like PAGunGuy, I am different than most here. I am also frugal (some might say cheap!). I carry either pocket carry or appendix inside the waistband, and have for many years. I wear a Wrangler leather belt from Walmart. For me, the more flexible (thinner with no steel center, etc.) works better for appendix carry because it allows the CrossBreed hybrid holster to flex easier when I bend over and move, but still holds the holster and gun securely. I have never had a need for a thicker, stiffer belt. Pocket carrying, I use the same belt. The Walmart belt works well for me and isn’t very expensive.

Good luck working out a solution that works for you!

This is probably going to be controversial, but, Honestly, the Hellcat Pro is so light I don't think you really NEED a gun belt. I carry a Hellcat Pro and often just use a leather belt by Dickies

Now, all the recommendations here are great. Can't go wrong with any

With that being said, I picked up a very nice belt from Crossbreed Seconds. About half the cost and great quality. It is thick.

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/belts/

I use it when I am carrying my G17 or Kimber Custom 45 1911
That’s interesting PA Guy (I’m also a resident of Pennsylvania in Northeast PA). I never heard of Crossbreed Seconds, but my gun belts I bought from Crossbreed holsters etc.. I bought one with a regular buckle the other (the Executive I think), has a buckle that tightens (or loosens) by adjusting a tension bar that slides forward/backwards under the buckle (not sure what this is called).
In my case, a gun belt is definitely needed even for micro compacts like the Hellcat. I wear IWB (inside WaistBand), and double capacity mags in a double holder on my opposite side. Along with my phone and contents of pockets, etc., it was too much weight for a regular belt. Even with this belt, I started wearing suspenders so I not have to tighten the belt to tight, making for a comfortable wearing experience.
Getting back to Crossbreed Seconds, it looks to be under the Crossbreed company where I bought my belts and all my holsters. I love their Reckoning series and have several for different firearms (but I have other models of theirs as well).
I’m guessing this part of Crossbreed sells secondhand items that were probably returns at a reduced cost. That’s good to know so thanks for posting it.

That’s interesting PA Guy (I’m also a resident of Pennsylvania in Northeast PA). I never heard of Crossbreed Seconds, but my gun belts I bought from Crossbreed holsters etc.. I bought one with a regular buckle the other (the Executive I think), has a buckle that tightens (or loosens) by adjusting a tension bar that slides forward/backwards under the buckle (not sure what this is called).
In my case, a gun belt is definitely needed even for micro compacts like the Hellcat. I wear IWB (inside WaistBand), and double capacity mags in a double holder on my opposite side. Along with my phone and contents of pockets, etc., it was too much weight for a regular belt. Even with this belt, I started wearing suspenders so I not have to tighten the belt to tight, making for a comfortable wearing experience.
Getting back to Crossbreed Seconds, it looks to be under the Crossbreed company where I bought my belts and all my holsters. I love their Reckoning series and have several for different firearms (but I have other models of theirs as well).
I’m guessing this part of Crossbreed sells secondhand items that were probably returns at a reduced cost. That’s good to know so thanks for posting it.
Micro adjust. Kore belts are that way. That’s why I like them.

While I wear a gun-belt most days, I always pocket-carry. The Kore has been comfortable in this regard. IWB does not work when you are as fat as I am, and sit in a vehicle 12 hours/day like I do. I guess the stiffness of the gun-belt for me has little to do with a holster...I just like a stiff belt, and I find Kore to be very comfortable regardless of a holster OWB or IWB....

I got sick of leather belts "wearing-out" in 2 years....the Kore is holding up (pun intended) quite nicely.

Back