testtest

Ok, here's the little Kit Gun I asked about.

jj what's really nice is you have the paper work and tools that came with it. Did the box come with it as well? Remember your revolver is approaching the half century mark, and in that condition if you passed it up you might look for years before you found another one as nice.
Yes Recusant, it all came in the original box. I showed it in the last two pictures above but the lighting wasn't as good as on ddeuce22's. But even in the bad light, it's pretty obvious it's very well preserved. I do have a couple other guns about that old, one or two maybe a little older. Oh yeh, then I also have a guitar and a wife, both much older !!! LOL!

Man, never in the world did I think I'd ever be sleeping with a 7o+ year old woman !!! :oops:(y)(y)(y)

Yes Recusant, it all came in the original box. I showed it in the last two pictures above but the lighting wasn't as good as on ddeuce22's. But even in the bad light, it's pretty obvious it's very well preserved. I do have a couple other guns about that old, one or two maybe a little older. Oh yeh, then I also have a guitar and a wife, both much older !!! LOL!

Man, never in the world did I think I'd ever be sleeping with a 7o+ year old woman !!! :oops:(y)(y)(y)
You are funny JJ the older s/w blueing is a thing of beauty just beautiful

Just as an aside, I recently inherited from my dad an old Winchester mod 67, .22 single shot rifle. My grand dad bought it for my dad in 1936 or 38 when dad was about 8 or 10 yrs old. That makes it about 83-85 years old. He bought it on an installment plan (for lack of a better term) for as I recall the story $1.50 week till paid off. No interest involved, it was a man to man, hand shake deal and the total price was $9.00 IIRC. That poor old rifle has seen more rounds through it than 'Campbell's' has pork n beans.

But the kicker of this story is that every other week when the payment was due on that rifle, grandpa paid with a quart of his famous corn liquor. He was pretty well known around this part of the state back then to make some of the best. In fact, grandpa's shine was so good, and so consistent, he was enlisted to keep the county sheriff (and several of his top deputies), the local constable, and the Chief of Police well stocked with that same shine.

Yeh, it is pretty sweet ................. for an S&W. I do kinda' like it. But then in reality it's not a Colt, huh? LOL! LOL!
Just for you, since you like Colts...and they're .22, like your new Kit Gun.
P1010015.JPG

Yessireee, I love me some Colts. Got 4 of them myself. 2 Pythons, a 1982 and a 2020 (both never fired with all the provenance), and 2 Troopers, a MK III and a MK V that I shoot whenever I get the .357mag urge. All stainless except the MK III ............. it's a really deep blue. I'd love to have a nice Colt .22 revolver too ............. maybe some day!!! But it seems I'm gaining on the Colts with the Smiths. I have 3 S&W's now with the addition of the little .22. Two are revolvers, the new .22 Kit Gun and an early mod 60 (.38 spl), one is a semi-auto.... a mod 659 .

Those Colts of yours are very nice. Either for sale maybe ??? :)(y)(y)(y)

I have to jump in the shoot it bandwagon, unless you completely bought it as an heirloom piece.
Naw, I generally can't afford heirloom pieces. Thanks for the advice and I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and shoot it since it has been shot at some point in the past. The only reason I'm holding on to the 2 Pythons like they are is because that's the way I got them and just don't have the heart to do it ...... plus I have the 2 Troopers to resolve any .357mag urges I get. Who knows, maybe one day I'll just go nuts and take 'em all to the range for a real workout.

They'll likely all go to my 'yard' son some day and he doesn't care about safe queens too much either. I think he has one or two sorta' in similar circumstances as mine, so we'll see there too. (y)(y)(y)

That's a really nice firearm.
Since it is a used firearm I see no problem shooting it, the only thing that will happen is you may enhance the turn line.
Enjoy your new toy.
Proper care it will last a lifetime mine are 40 plus years old and still look new.

Yessireee, I love me some Colts. Got 4 of them myself. 2 Pythons, a 1982 and a 2020 (both never fired with all the provenance), and 2 Troopers, a MK III and a MK V that I shoot whenever I get the .357mag urge. All stainless except the MK III ............. it's a really deep blue. I'd love to have a nice Colt .22 revolver too ............. maybe some day!!!

Those Colts of yours are very nice.
Here's my other Colt .22 revolver, an old-school Trooper, posing with its big brother.

P1010038.JPG

Nice Colts, there.

I’ve only got one Colt .22 I shoot; an Officers Model Special…bit of an odd bird, only made them for a few years.
View attachment 22210
View attachment 22211

Accurate little bugger; holds well with my pre-18 K-22 Combat Masterpiece…
View attachment 22213
Very cool stuff, Hans! I think you and I could be friends. Here's my Trooper with its S&W counterpart, a 4" M17 made for a brief while after they discontinued the M18. I haven't seen many like it.

P1010041.JPG

Back