testtest

On A Serious Note for Your Health

This is a PSA for my friends here. I just learned that a very close friend of 60 years was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the colon on Tuesday, after strenuous urging by his significant other to go to a doctor. They did surgery immediately and removed the softball-sized tumor and were able to stitch everything back together. He dodged a bullet in that regard and it remains to be seen if chemo is necessary.

Now this friend is tough as nails and the most fit of all my contemporaries. He has prided himself for years at not seeing any doctors. He has not seen a doctor in 20 years until Tuesday and scoffed at advice to get regular checkups.

I urge all my friends here of a certain age to get regular screenings for colon cancer. There is no reason for anyone to die of this disease with the screening and treatment tools available nowadays. As distasteful as the screening process may be, if you wait until symptoms occur, it may be too late. Please do yourselves a favor if not doing so already, talk to your doctor and get regular screenings.

This is a PSA for my friends here. I just learned that a very close friend of 60 years was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the colon on Tuesday, after strenuous urging by his significant other to go to a doctor. They did surgery immediately and removed the softball-sized tumor and were able to stitch everything back together. He dodged a bullet in that regard and it remains to be seen if chemo is necessary.

Now this friend is tough as nails and the most fit of all my contemporaries. He has prided himself for years at not seeing any doctors. He has not seen a doctor in 20 years until Tuesday and scoffed at advice to get regular checkups.

I urge all my friends here of a certain age to get regular screenings for colon cancer. There is no reason for anyone to die of this disease with the screening and treatment tools available nowadays. As distasteful as the screening process may be, if you wait until symptoms occur, it may be too late. Please do yourselves a favor if not doing so already, talk to your doctor and get regular screenings.
Added bonus, the anesthesia is top shelf.

Great naps!
Just do yourself a favor. And trust me on this. For a couple hours before the cut-off of when you have to stop drinking water, drink as much water as you possibly can. The absolute worst part of a colonoscopy is the not being able to drink anything for the last 4 hours. I have never been so thirsty in my life. I brushed my teeth like 6 times just so I could suck the water out of my toothbrush. And I damn near backed out of the procedure at the last minute because I was so thirsty I was determined to get some water. My wife stopped me.

I had my first scope about 6 months ago (maybe 9....I can't remember)...the "WORST" part is the prep. I don't care what y'all say, that was the worst part (the actual procedure was a breeze). It gets a little complicated since I am a type 1 diabetic, but it wasn't that bad....just use sugar-free gatorade.

well
i get my bat, balls and dugout checked as prescribed
crazy stuff sneaks up and becomes a problem
my only complaint is my urologist is a sadist,
he likes doing the bladder borescope thing once a year..OMG danger will robinson
i have cleared the waiting room screaming in pain from that first pee after he is done. i swear i passed a cannon ball one time afterwards
why cant things be less OMG get that thing out of me comfortable
yep the prep for a colonoscopy is worse than the procedure .
i cheated last time on only liquids and got charro bean juice as my liquids... at least it had flavor
good to know your friend is ok.

I had my first scope about 6 months ago (maybe 9....I can't remember)...the "WORST" part is the prep. I don't care what y'all say, that was the worst part (the actual procedure was a breeze). It gets a little complicated since I am a type 1 diabetic, but it wasn't that bad....just use sugar-free gatorade.
The prep wasn't bad at all for me. I just didn't eat for 3 days before the procedure.

Oh! Look who just woke up.
1691197812808.gif

If you cannot bear the prep and peekerscope, they can send you a Cologuard bucket and return address label and box. I wonder if the folks at UPS know what's in the box?
I humor my doctor every year with one of those...and UPS tries to hide the snicker every time, lol. But really guys...you ought to try an annual boobie squeeze. You have no idea what real pain is (unless your significant others have explained the process to you). Just sayin'.... :cool:

Back