testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

These guys were a F'ing awesome live band. I saw them 3 or 4 times back in the 80s and if you watch live videos of them even just a few years ago they were still great. Another "Triple threat" guitar band who were terribly underrated. Many people are familiar with a lot of their songs, but aren't aware it was April Wine. Roller, Sign of the Gypsy Queen, Just between You and Me and of course I Like To Rock. A nostalgia thing for me because I really came up in the early 80s. Lost my virginity to an April Wine song. :)

I saw April Wine several times in Canada before I went to basic training. Never got old. ❤️😎
The stuff they did in the 70s is still amazing. Stuff that never saw the light of day in America. Say Hello, You could have been a lady, Rock and Roll is a Vicious Game, Comin Right Down On Top Of Me, Fast Train.

I just spent an hour, without cheating and looking at music or videos, picking out the opening riff for Roller. It is an incredibly detailed and difficult to execute little riff. Sent myself down a rabbit hole.

Anyway, these guys were one of the best live bands I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of great bands.

Back