testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

First, Clapton's 1988 version of After Midnight. The best version I think. Then Clapton and Winwood with Can't Find My Way Home.

The ( IMO) best version ever of this Blind Faith song is the 1969 Hyde Park concert. Clapton's tone and playing is impeccable and Ginger Baker is a friggin' animal. I bet I've watched this video a thousand times over the years. In fact I bought an American Tele because of this video. Of course the Tele Eric is playing is one he modded heavily. The neck is from "Brownie", one of his famous Strats. And it has the old wiring harness, which to make a long story a little longer just means the position of his pickup selector is not the same as mine in the same position. It took a long time, the right, very expensive speaker and rotating through dozens of classic NOS tubes in my '61 Fender Brown Deluxe, but I think I got real close tone wise. Playing ? Fugettaboutit, Clapton is God.

Last edited:
The ( IMO) best version ever of this Blind Faith song is the 1969 Hyde Park concert. Clapton's tone and playing is impeccable and Ginger Baker is a friggin' animal. I bet I've watched this video a thousand times over the years. In fact I bought an American Tele because of this video. Of course the Tele Eric is playing is one he modded heavily. The neck is from "Brownie", one of his famous Strats. And it has the old wiring harness, which to make a long story a little longer just means the position of his pickup selector is not the same as mine in the same position. It took a long time, the right, very expensive speaker and rotating through dozens of classic NOS tubes in my '61 Fender Brown Deluxe, but I think I got real close tone wise. Playing ? Fugettaboutit, Clapton is God.

Geez, Baker was awesome in this version.

Geez, Baker was awesome in this version.
Many people are annoyed by his plodding style, but it cannot be overstated how much I love it. I would give a lot to be able to spend even an hour in a Rythym section with Ginger Baker.

An interesting side note about Baker and Blind Faith. When Clapton and Winwood started putting it together they, especially Clapton who had been in bands with Ginger before, attempted to keep the project secret from Baker because of the drama that Ginger Baker brought along with him, which Clapton had experienced at length in Cream. A very animated and interesting personality to say the least. A life long Jazz acolyte and heroin addict, characterizing his behavior as erratic is dramatically understating it.

There is a short documentary film called "Beware Mr. Baker", which is essentially some young dude interviewing the aged Ginger Baker. If you are a fan of the man I highly suggest watching it.

Many people are annoyed by his plodding style, but it cannot be overstated how much I love it. I would give a lot to be able to spend even an hour in a Rythym section with Ginger Baker.

An interesting side note about Baker and Blind Faith. When Clapton and Winwood started putting it together they, especially Clapton who had been in bands with Ginger before, attempted to keep the project secret from Baker because of the drama that Ginger Baker brought along with him, which Clapton had experienced at length in Cream. A very animated and interesting personality to say the least. A life long Jazz acolyte and heroin addict, characterizing his behavior as erratic is dramatically understating it.

There is a short documentary film called "Beware Mr. Baker", which is essentially some young dude interviewing the aged Ginger Baker. If you are a fan of the man I highly suggest watching it.
I've been a Cream fan from the start. I didn't know this about the formation of Blind Faith and will search for the documentary. Eventually my interests drifted towards other things, but I understand Ginger Baker's Air Force went nowhere after he invested heavily in it. I also understand he died pretty much broke.

I've been a Cream fan from the start. I didn't know this about the formation of Blind Faith and will search for the documentary. Eventually my interests drifted towards other things, but I understand Ginger Baker's Air Force went nowhere after he invested heavily in it. I also understand he died pretty much broke.
He got fraudulated by an assistant he hired for like 70 grand, but when he died he was still worth 2 million. In rock start terms that's pretty much broke I guess.

A funny anecdote. I believe it was around the time of the Cream reunion thing in London. Someone was interviewing Jack Bruce who said about Baker something to the effect of " We're happily co-existing on different continents, but I was thinking of asking him to move, he's still a bit too close". :)

Baker once attacked Bruce with a knife while performing. They pretty much hated each other from first sight, though Ironically they were in at least 4 bands together.

Back