testtest

Range Etiquette 101: What Not to Do

Exactly why I try to get to my indoor range a few minutes after they open on a weekday. I usually have a side to myself and get my shooting done in about an hour. If I see one or more on the pistol side, I’ll take a spot on rifle side…it’s really just an over 2000 fps authorized side. Only once in several years has a side filled up while I was already unpacked and started. Fortunately I was just about finished as a couple of them started what I’d call clowning around. Range apparently didn’t since no one called them out (lanes covered by video cameras that can be monitored from check in desk or from right outside shooting lanes).

Exactly why I try to get to my indoor range a few minutes after they open on a weekday. I usually have a side to myself and get my shooting done in about an hour. If I see one or more on the pistol side, I’ll take a spot on rifle side…it’s really just an over 2000 fps authorized side. Only once in several years has a side filled up while I was already unpacked and started. Fortunately I was just about finished as a couple of them started what I’d call clowning around. Range apparently didn’t since no one called them out (lanes covered by video cameras that can be monitored from check in desk or from right outside shooting lanes).
exactly.

i can enter my club any day, and time. which for me is like 6:30 AM, mon thru fri.

i stay all of about 1 hour, and stay away from the weekends, so the working members can have those days.

for the public range i used to go to, and will return to someday, they open at 10 AM, and i am there, usually either on a monday or tuesday only.

and THAT place has "weekend Rambos", i need NOT be near.

Here is an article all shooters should read and heed, I know a few at my club/range who act like a “donkey” and have done what this article is about……

Good article Anni, thank you for sharing. It seems very basic but it is amazing how many people seem to forget where they are when with some friends. Some are just plain uneducated or rude.

Hi,

It's pretty friendly at my range. There are usually conversations going on behind the bays. When I tell someone, "Hey, nice pistol!" They usually offer to let me shoot it. I'll take only two shots. Don't be rude and dump the whole magazine. I like letting others try out my gear, especially when they shoot it better than I do. At least then I know it's not the gun. :LOL:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I see people who don’t have good technique and occasionally a couple of young guys yucking it up a bit too much for my liking, but the ranges I shoot at are very well policed and I would say 95% of the shooters are safe, well meaning and well mannered. I also avoid the s#!t holes that tend to attract yahoos.

Back