testtest

Range Report: Battle of the 9mm, 7/30/24

Cliff , you are doing fine. Old eyes don't see as well as young eyes do. As I have stated several times on here , I USED to be able to make head shots on Squirrels with my Ruger Single-Six .22LR. That was a couple years ago or so... anyway now days I have a hard time telling which end of the Squirrel is the head.

If you are shooting at distance make sure to use a target you can see.

Hi,

Cliff , you are doing fine. Old eyes don't see as well as young eyes do. As I have stated several times on here , I USED to be able to make head shots on Squirrels with my Ruger Single-Six .22LR. That was a couple years ago or so... anyway now days I have a hard time telling which end of the Squirrel is the head.

If you are shooting at distance make sure to use a target you can see.

I haven't been able to order any "side of a barn" targets. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I seem to do better when my target has a 2" red or yellow dot in the middle. When they don't have a large dot, I have to pretend where the middle of the target is. Sometimes I guess better than other times. ;)

Thanks for your kind words. I'm having fun making my incremental improvements. I just hope I continue to see well enough to help teach my granddaughters to shoot when they're old enough. It won't be long now, couple more years maybe. Yay Grandpa! :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Ride that VP9 to the promised land Cliff! Your target at 10yds has some pretty good groups. Who cares about the rounds outside the 4 in target? Just keep working it. Get used to the idea that you’re going to put more in than out. Soon you’ll be disappointed because one got out of the target. Then you start speeding things up.

I am really starting to enjoy the VP9. Once I got the right grip panels figured out for my bass player mitts, it fits really well and feels great. I'm going to use it in my next training class. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

BassCliff

Last edited:
Hey!

All of you guys are way too nice. I appreciate you all taking time out of your busy day to toss some sunshine my way. :)

Good shootin Agent Cliff. i;m gonna try and shoot some 308 rounds in the morning if it ain't too hot. supposed to ne 98 though.

I hope it wasn't tooooo hot and you were able to 308 for a bit. Have we seen a range report yet? ;)

Great job Cliff!!

Oh, pshaw! I did OK, better than some, not as good as others. :LOL:

Good Shootin SIR

Thanks. (See above.)

Still some good shooting! Don't be so hard on yourself.

Thank you. I've always been one for self-deprecation. I'm very proud of my humility.

Still nice shootin’ Cliff.

I appreciate that. I have to try and arrange my schedule so I can get back to regular practice sessions. I miss them.

Oh, and don't worry about it, Mr. @835mag. You don't have to tell us how your "bang time" goes. ;)

BassCliff

@SimonRL
I think our young jedi is moving on …😊
1722474239996.gif

Back