testtest

Range Report - New Green Dot

belladonna

Hellcat
Well, as tired as I am I figured I had better get this out or there would be a few members a bit put out with me.. ;) .
I took four pistols to the range with me today, (because a girl needs variety, lol!), but the main objective was to zero in the new optic on my Masada Slim. I installed a Holosun HE507K-GR on the little Masada on Wednesday. I'm new to this but it was super easy, though I had a little help.

So, I also have had a hankering (for lack of a better word) to shoot a .45 for a while now, and it's not that I don't have a few 1911s around, but the husband's M&P has been taunting me for a while. He has basically said I can have it (he's a strictly 1911 guy, it seems), not sure why he even bought it. Anyway, I digress...
I brought the Masada, M&P .45ACP, M&P 9mm, and I couldn't NOT bring a VP9...so I brought the SK.

I got the lane next to the wall so I could have the chair and the cut out bench to sight in the dot. All targets today were at 15 yards. First up was the tricked out Slim...

IMG_4699.jpeg

Well, it was kind of messy. But once I figured out what I had to do, I made some adjustments (both to the optic AND myself), we tried again...

IMG_4700.jpeg

A liitle closer, and I'm a little calmer by now. One more little adjustment. The third time's a charm...

IMG_4698.jpeg

I figured that was good enough after three...slow...shots

I am so impressed with that little green dot! It just takes some getting used to, but it's really cool.

Now that the main objective had been obtained, time for fun (well...it's all fun ;) ) next up was the M&P .45. I forgot how fun they are, and the S&W trigger was like an old friend...

IMG_4702.jpeg

It started out fine, but turned into Swiss cheese pretty quick. I liked the feel though. I'll have to work this guy a little more, I think.

The 9mm wasn't much better. I think they were a little pi$$ed at me for ignoring them for so long. It felt good though. I've been slacking on the dry firing and it shows.

Then finally, my little friend VP9SK..
A little more center mass, and I do love that gun. Need to find a way to get an optic on it now...

By the time I left the range, I wore a hole through the skin on my right pinky knuckle. The block they have at the range to rest a handgun on for zeroing sights is made of a very abrasive material. Note to self, wear a glove next time. Not only that, now it seems that I have fallen down a rabbit hole...🫣😳:ROFLMAO:

Well, as tired as I am I figured I had better get this out or there would be a few members a bit put out with me.. ;) .
I took four pistols to the range with me today, (because a girl needs variety, lol!), but the main objective was to zero in the new optic on my Masada Slim. I installed a Holosun HE507K-GR on the little Masada on Wednesday. I'm new to this but it was super easy, though I had a little help.

So, I also have had a hankering (for lack of a better word) to shoot a .45 for a while now, and it's not that I don't have a few 1911s around, but the husband's M&P has been taunting me for a while. He has basically said I can have it (he's a strictly 1911 guy, it seems), not sure why he even bought it. Anyway, I digress...
I brought the Masada, M&P .45ACP, M&P 9mm, and I couldn't NOT bring a VP9...so I brought the SK.

I got the lane next to the wall so I could have the chair and the cut out bench to sight in the dot. All targets today were at 15 yards. First up was the tricked out Slim...

View attachment 65465
Well, it was kind of messy. But once I figured out what I had to do, I made some adjustments (both to the optic AND myself), we tried again...

View attachment 65466

A liitle closer, and I'm a little calmer by now. One more little adjustment. The third time's a charm...

View attachment 65467
I figured that was good enough after three...slow...shots

I am so impressed with that little green dot! It just takes some getting used to, but it's really cool.

Now that the main objective had been obtained, time for fun (well...it's all fun ;) ) next up was the M&P .45. I forgot how fun they are, and the S&W trigger was like an old friend...

View attachment 65470
It started out fine, but turned into Swiss cheese pretty quick. I liked the feel though. I'll have to work this guy a little more, I think.

The 9mm wasn't much better. I think they were a little pi$$ed at me for ignoring them for so long. It felt good though. I've been slacking on the dry firing and it shows.

Then finally, my little friend VP9SK..
A little more center mass, and I do love that gun. Need to find a way to get an optic on it now...

By the time I left the range, I wore a hole through the skin on my right pinky knuckle. The block they have at the range to rest a handgun on for zeroing sights is made of a very abrasive material. Note to self, wear a glove next time. Not only that, now it seems that I have fallen down a rabbit hole...🫣😳:ROFLMAO:
Looks like you got the dot sighted in on target #3. It took me hours of dry fire to feel comfortable enough to hit the range for live fire. I bet it won't be long before all your shots are making a big hole dead center. Sounds like you had a good time.

Sounds like you’re sold on the green dot. Nice! Nice shooting.
I am leaning toward a rds now for a pistol. I was looking into a optic ready slide for my m&p9. Cheaper than buying a new gun and faster.
M&p45, you say…. I picked one up on consignment for a decent price. Waiting on my nj handgun permit so i can actually oick it up… 3 weeks already. Another 3-4 weeks to go. 😡
PS- us XY fellas like a little variety too! 😁

Looks like we have a convert on our hands.

There was a time not so long ago I was firmly in the no optic on a carry gun camp, as some of you may remember. Those days are long gone. With co-witnessing, quality optics there's no reason not to. It's significantly faster there's no doubt about that.

Nice shootin' Belle. :)

Is your VP9SK optic ready ?

Hi @belladonna,

Wow! A few flyers but, WOW! Your targets are looking pretty dang good. I might have to quit being Amish and get a pistol with an optic. I guess all the kids are using them these days. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Thanks Cliff! I always throw a few fliers in the mix as conversation starters...(yeah, sure I do :ROFLMAO: ). The dot is quick to point out my weaknesses, and I yanked the trigger a few times among other lovely things. It's been about a month since I did any practicing also (no excuse, just fact). Got a lot going on with the family behind the scenes right now. Hopefully things settle down so I can concentrate on practice and training. :)

Sounds like you’re sold on the green dot. Nice! Nice shooting.
I am leaning toward a rds now for a pistol. I was looking into a optic ready slide for my m&p9. Cheaper than buying a new gun and faster.
M&p45, you say…. I picked one up on consignment for a decent price. Waiting on my nj handgun permit so i can actually oick it up… 3 weeks already. Another 3-4 weeks to go. 😡
PS- us XY fellas like a little variety too! 😁
I really liked the flat feel of the .45. It's tough to wait for ridiculous protocols when all you want to do is pick up a darn gun. I hope you get it soon...and yeah, the gents like a little change up now and then too ☺️.

Looks like we have a convert on our hands.

There was a time not so long ago I was firmly in the no optic on a carry gun camp, as some of you may remember. Those days are long gone. With co-witnessing, quality optics there's no reason not to. It's significantly faster there's no doubt about that.

Nice shootin' Belle. :)

Is your VP9SK optic ready ?
Sadly no, and I'm not seeing a slide in stock for it either. :(

Back