testtest

renewed my membership

Old_Me

SAINT
i went to the public range, that i had a 3 year membership, and renewed for another 2 years, yesterday. (my membership expired back in March)

the old price of the membership (cheapest membership) i wanted was $250 per year.....1 hour of range time, 5 days a week, days only, no nights, or weekends.

that was GREAT for me, as i usually only stay about an hour, and they DO NOT kick you out, if the place is nearly empty.

BUT, at the end of 2023...they raised the price from $250...to $325

i bought 2 years worth yesterday

my last membership (the middle priced) was at $350 for each year, that included 1.5 hours, and like i said, i stay "about" an hour.

also too, my ccw is due for renewal before June of '25, so they have the required 25 yard distance for that BS.

i can depend on the range for the qualifying rather than a couple of people i know that will do it, for free, but then, i have been "let down" by people that will "do things" for me, and left me stuck......

BS......i want dependability

that "middle priced" membership went up to $475...BS.......(which cost me back when i started, $350)

the "upper tier" membership was $450 (free gun rentals included) jumped up to..$675.........

so for now, i am locked in at the $325 for 2 years......

i still have my private club membership as well.

My club/ range is only $100.00 a year, it’s out in the country, secured place, we have a lake, campground, 2 pistol ranges, 1 rifle and a NRA trap/skeet range. I get what’s called an honorary membership since I have been there 30+ years and retired.

I pay $30.00 a year for my range. Go as often as I want , or don't. Outdoor range only and I like it like that. We do have overhead protection so the sun , rain , snow doesn't hit us while shooting.

Also , it is only 7.75 miles away from where I live.

My club/ range is only $100.00 a year, it’s out in the country, secured place, we have a lake, campground, 2 pistol ranges, 1 rifle and a NRA trap/skeet range. I get what’s called an honorary membership since I have been there 30+ years and retired.
the private club i belong to is $250. per year, with meetings quarterly, and i can miss all of them, but i try my best to go to at least 2 per year, especially if someone is running for the board.

its open 24/7, and indoor only....back in 1903, it was outside, but thanks to urban sprawl, that ended decades ago.

there, i usually go for like 6:30 AM, stay (again) only about an hour, and i go weekdays, never nights..

i always figure being retired, i don't need to take up space that the working person may want, nights and weekends.

99.99999% of the time..?? i am all alone.

early mornings has its perks.

I use a outdoor public range which I love I could join but it’s not feasible for me I go once a month pay 25 bucks no time limit people are great love this range the only drawback is it’s 25 plus miles away. I do have a closer one but I like my range
there is a great outdoor, FREE range, but not feasible for me as well, due to distance, and the 1 or 2 boxes of ammo i take..

takes more time to get there and back home, than i shoot....

you apply for a permit, good for like 5 years i think, and only open a few months of the year..

i only been there i think...3 times.

I renewed my fees at the range across the street yesterday. i got the all day every day package. but i did have to work on the neighbors mower.
IMG_3310.gif

I renewed today too! Bit better pricing at $225 total w/military discount for myself and spouse. Indoor range/LGS open 7 days a week, 10am-7pm. I usually go at 10 am on weekdays…today I was only one there until I was getting ready to clean up, then someone on other side (rifle side). Best part, 5 min drive from house…well, and built in gun shopping!

Reminds me, I need to renew mine.
But, y'all are getting raped.
I am so thankful for mine.
I pay $65 a year. Have a key card to get into the building. 6 lanes, 45 feet max.
It's $3 to shoot for the entire day. Can even leave and come back the same day. And that's for everyone in my family.
We bring our own ammo and the club even provides it's own targets.
And it's about 6 minutes from my house.

I pay $65 a year. Have a key card to get into the building. 6 lanes, 45 feet max.
It's $3 to shoot for the entire day. Can even leave and come back the same day. And that's for everyone in my family.
So you pay yearly and also daily ? And it’s a 15 yard range ?

my club is 2 miles from my house, they have targets, but i supply my own.
the public gun range is 20 miles away, and they sell targets, guns, ammo, and have gun rentals. i think some minor gunsmithing as well.

maybe some of us are getting raped as you say, but its the way it is across the country.

some states are "freer" than others, some clamp down so much on us, we need permission to pee.

and NO.....not everyone can just up and move away.

so we adjust to the circumstances at hand.

as i see it, better to at least have to pay, and get all the practice i want...then to not have any place whatsoever to do so.

one more thing, many clubs have to pay taxes on the building(s) and land, water and sewer charges, insurance, electricity, heating, a/c.......so at the $250 i pay yearly for the club..??

it's worth it

for the $325 i pay yearly for the public range, and the events they hold, at discount prices for members, it's worth it.

both the private club and the public range, no limits to visits per week.....

i cannot beat that perk.

both the private club and the public range, no limits to visits per week.....
Yep, that’s why I feel my $225 a year is more than worth it. I usually go minimum 2 x monthly, sometimes 3 or even 4. At $25 a pop it would be for me and an additional $25 for the wife, we eclipse that $225 pretty quick. And as you said, we are free to go as many times a week, as many times a day, as we’d like. There are zero additional fees. And I don’t mind at all having someone else around (LDG/range staff) if the wife isn’t with me…never know what could happen, even being a safety freak (not to mention health wise).

However, I made that mistake once before (going multiple times a week). Had doc check lead levels in blood…even with an industrial exhaust system at the indoor range and using relatively clean ammo, those levels were significantly raised. Took about a year to get back to normal. So now it’s absolutely no more than weekly, and every few times I’ll skip a couple of weeks.

Yep, that’s why I feel my $225 a year is more than worth it. I usually go minimum 2 x monthly, sometimes 3 or even 4. At $25 a pop it would be for me and an additional $25 for the wife, we eclipse that $225 pretty quick. And as you said, we are free to go as many times a week, as many times a day, as we’d like. There are zero additional fees. And I don’t mind at all having someone else around (LDG/range staff) if the wife isn’t with me…never know what could happen, even being a safety freak (not to mention health wise).

However, I made that mistake once before (going multiple times a week). Had doc check lead levels in blood…even with an industrial exhaust system at the indoor range and using relatively clean ammo, those levels were significantly raised. Took about a year to get back to normal. So now it’s absolutely no more than weekly, and every few times I’ll skip a couple of weeks.
the way i break it down to is..

at the public range, it is $25.00 for 1 person, at 1 port, per hour...

so at $650.... for a 2 year membership, i only have to go for like 26 times, then it's paid off and the rest is "free"

at my club, the yearly membership is $250......i only have to go 10 times, then all is free after that.

so sometimes i go only once a week, sometimes, up to 4 times a week......either way, those fee's are paid up in no time.

i keep a logbook of all my range visits.

i keep a logbook of all my range visits.
I do that indirectly by logging what dates I shot what guns and how much of each type ammo. Excel workbook 😂. If I was curious enough, I could go through the workbook (each sheet is a different gun) and see how times I made it to range since last renewal (well, actually since 2015) …like you, though, I know it surpasses the value of a $225 annual membership so not inclined to spend that research time! Another plus is it helps keep the LGS/range up and running since I don’t buy many guns there - they tend to carry only the very popular stuff. If I’m going to order and have to wait anyway, I always research best price, so generally skip their “we can check our distributor” offers.

I do that indirectly by logging what dates I shot what guns and how much of each type ammo. Excel workbook 😂. If I was curious enough, I could go through the workbook (each sheet is a different gun) and see how times I made it to range since last renewal (well, actually since 2015) …like you, though, I know it surpasses the value of a $225 annual membership so not inclined to spend that research time! Another plus is it helps keep the LGS/range up and running since I don’t buy many guns there - they tend to carry only the very popular stuff. If I’m going to order and have to wait anyway, I always research best price, so generally skip their “we can check our distributor” offers.
i only keep a gun log book regarding what i bought, where, price, serial number, range day visit, ammo shot, then cleaning/lube.....not the specific range, that's a separate notebook (log)..

i figured in case i have to go to court, for maybe (say) a self defensive shooting, that range specific logbook, would show how much time (hours in total) i spend practicing.

right now, i must have more time practicing than any cop...but then too...it's not combative practice......that stuff is NOT allowed at any range here.

Back