testtest

renewed my membership

I pay $30.00 a year for my range. Go as often as I want , or don't. Outdoor range only and I like it like that. We do have overhead protection so the sun , rain , snow doesn't hit us while shooting.

Also , it is only 7.75 miles away from where I live.
Mine n S. Utah is free. 6 place for rifles, more for pistol.. county owned. About 6 miles away…if I want, I go south of town, 4 miles and shoot pistol in a gulley.

I renew every January for $450.00. They take $150 off if you volunteer for a working party of 5 hrs annually. We have an indoor and outdoor pistol range. Have a rifle range of 200 yds. Skeet and trap also. Archery and Crossbow. For New York it’s not a bad deal. Indoor range open 24 hrs with Heat and A/C

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1792.jpeg
    IMG_1792.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6835.jpeg
    IMG_6835.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6836.jpeg
    IMG_6836.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6805.jpeg
    IMG_6805.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
my club is 2 miles from my house, they have targets, but i supply my own.
the public gun range is 20 miles away, and they sell targets, guns, ammo, and have gun rentals. i think some minor gunsmithing as well.

maybe some of us are getting raped as you say, but its the way it is across the country.

some states are "freer" than others, some clamp down so much on us, we need permission to pee.

and NO.....not everyone can just up and move away.

so we adjust to the circumstances at hand.

as i see it, better to at least have to pay, and get all the practice i want...then to not have any place whatsoever to do so.

one more thing, many clubs have to pay taxes on the building(s) and land, water and sewer charges, insurance, electricity, heating, a/c.......so at the $250 i pay yearly for the club..??

it's worth it

for the $325 i pay yearly for the public range, and the events they hold, at discount prices for members, it's worth it.

both the private club and the public range, no limits to visits per week.....

i cannot beat that perk.
I get it. I guess it's just more I really appreciate how great my club is.
We have all of those expenses as well. We have classes and events. Some are even free, or discounted for members.
I am actually going next Monday for practical pistol

I get it. I guess it's just more I really appreciate how great my club is.
We have all of those expenses as well. We have classes and events. Some are even free, or discounted for members.
I am actually going next Monday for practical pistol
i think we all appreciate what we have....

some are just cheaper than others, some are free.

some people here have a huge backyard, and have it all, that make the rest of us drool.

some ranges or clubs are...fair, good, great....

none of us are getting "raped" over the costs.

it is what it is, all across the spectrum of locations, and political climates.

i think we all appreciate what we have....

some are just cheaper than others, some are free.

some people here have a huge backyard, and have it all, that make the rest of us drool.

some ranges or clubs are...fair, good, great....
Li
none of us are getting "raped" over the costs.

it is what it is, all across the spectrum of locations, and political climates.
I agree with most. But $350 a year??? Way too high. That's unconscionable

I agree with most. But $350 a year??? Way too high. That's unconscionable
posting #22

@USMC1911 said...

"I renew every January for $450.00. They take $150 off if you volunteer for a working party of 5 hrs annually"

may be unconscionable, but it is what it is.

now if he (or others do not volunteer, then it's a whopping $450....)

like i said, the public range i just renewed, here is their highest membership, and remember, its indoor only...

(my renewal was at $325 for 1 year, but i "renewed" for 2 years, to get a price lock in case of another spike.)

VIP Membership​

A full-time shooting package for one year

$675/yr
• VIP Members may reserve 1 hour of shooting time any day of the week during our regular business hours.
Reservations can be made 1 day in advance, or on the day of requested shooting time. Reservations are taken on a first come, first serve basis from members only.
• VIP Members will receive 12 Pew Perks for the year.

Guest Pass Rules​

• VIPs will receive a 10% discount on all in stock accessories. Excludes firearms, ammunition, and targets.

(and, it is ONLY 1 HOUR.....used to be 1.5 hours..>!!!!!!!!!)

again, it is what it is.....

I belong to two clubs, both outdoors.

My local club is 100 yards long, wide enough for only four benches, and no rapid fire (minimum 3 seconds between shots) is allowed.
$200/year, and a one-time $50 processing fee.

I also belong to a club 62 miles away with a 240-yard rifle range, seven separate pistol bays, and no “speed limit”.
$100/year.

One is obviously the better deal.
One is a lot closer.

I belong to two clubs, both outdoors.

My local club is 100 yards long, wide enough for only four benches, and no rapid fire (minimum 3 seconds between shots) is allowed.
$200/year, and a one-time $50 processing fee.

I also belong to a club 62 miles away with a 240-yard rifle range, seven separate pistol bays, and no “speed limit”.
$100/year.

One is obviously the better deal.
One is a lot closer.
you brought up something that i don't believe anyone else did.....

rapid firing.....

at my private club, i am always all alone......so i "have at tit"

at the public range, that is not allowed...

however..

the RSO's know us (breakfast club) guys well enough that we can control the shots, that and many of us are ccw holders, so they "look the other way"...

newbies, or egomaniac show off's, (that show up on the weekends) don't get away with it.

I pay $60 a month. A lot, I know. In door range, They have restrictions on some types of ammo, and they don't allow holster dray or rapid firing (but I have heard it...depends on if you know the RSO I guess). I do get $5 rentals, 4 free targets per visit, and a 10% discount on courses offered and anything I buy at the store (except firearms, of course), but I get a discount on FFL transfers.
The husband and I are looking at joining an outdoor range a little closer to home. $80 a year, you get your own key... It will be interesting. We are checking it out this weekend..

I pay $60 a month. A lot, I know. In door range, They have restrictions on some types of ammo, and they don't allow holster dray or rapid firing (but I have heard it...depends on if you know the RSO I guess). I do get $5 rentals, 4 free targets per visit, and a 10% discount on courses offered and anything I buy at the store (except firearms, of course), but I get a discount on FFL transfers.
The husband and I are looking at joining an outdoor range a little closer to home. $80 a year, you get your own key... It will be interesting. We are checking it out this weekend..
If you can both go once a week on that $60, that’s not too bad. Little over $7 per person per visit, minus the targets, which would be $4 at my range ($1 ea). My issues with outdoor ranges are when it’s 105+ or about 40 and below…and I do like having others around for safety and security reasons. One of my LGS here keeps pushing me to join but I know I’d never go as I much prefer “climate controlled”!

If you can both go once a week on that $60, that’s not too bad. Little over $7 per person per visit, minus the targets, which would be $4 at my range ($1 ea). My issues with outdoor ranges are when it’s 105+ or about 40 and below…and I do like having others around for safety and security reasons. One of my LGS here keeps pushing me to join but I know I’d never go as I much prefer “climate controlled”!
That's what I tried , but my job is killing me right now. I am done in January and I swear I am going to be a semi-permanent fixture at that range then!

Back