testtest

Review: 1911 DS Prodigy Comp 9mm

Is anyone running a red or green dot with this? If so, any recommendations on which one to choose? I keep reading good things about the Holosun 507k, but am at a loss as to whether green or red would do better for me (astigmatism). Also wondering how your optic has held up to the fouling that comes from the loaded chamber indicator over time.

Is anyone running a red or green dot with this? If so, any recommendations on which one to choose? I keep reading good things about the Holosun 507k, but am at a loss as to whether green or red would do better for me (astigmatism). Also wondering how your optic has held up to the fouling that comes from the loaded chamber indicator over time.
I have astigmatism in both eyes. I run a Holosun 507C ACSS Vulcan in green on all my double stacks. And 507K in green on my P365XLs. If/when I get a Prodigy, I'll run the 507C ACSS in green on it.

The green works better for me - but it can all depend on the individual.

Hello there, that 507 is a great optic, lots of us run them... I think most of the dot folks are making the move to Green due to faster acquisition, better in low light, less bleed-out and, better for astigmatism, which I also have... if you search rev vs green or some combo thereof, there is a pretty good article in here somewhere about red/green.

Another random thought I just had about red vs green while sitting here... In the ISR world we often use methodology to "de-clutter" if some type of picture/environment is too crowded. I feel like red vs green is sort of like that, if I bring a red dot in front of my face, I usually find there are things in the environment that are also red, or redish... that allow the dot to blend in so to speak. If I bring a Green dot in front of my face, at least so far, it is very rare that there is any environmental aspect into which neon Green can blend. So in a way, the green dots sort of de-clutter the sight picture and stand out apart from your environment. (unless you are in a beautiful green pasture I guess!!!)

Back