testtest

Rimfire Lovers Let's See Your Revolvers, Semi Pistols, & Rifles.

Got a safe 1/2 full of .22 long guns, several pretty unique, a couple really old. One in particular that my grandpa bought for my dad in 1928 when dad was 10 yrs old. Back then you could buy firearms at the local hardware and general stores. He paid $1.50/wk (including a couple payments made with a quart jar of grandpa's best shine) until it was paid off. I inherited it a year or so ago when my dad passed away. Many, many, many squirrels and rabbits fell to that little gun. All the .22's are in the very back of the safe and hard to get to them without unloading the entire safe, so for now, this will have to do.

These are the only 2 handguns I still have in .22 cal. That's a Mod 99 H&R 9 shot on the top I've had for many years. Obviously it's a break action by lifting the rear sight up to unlatch it allowing the front of the frame/cylinder and bbl to tilt forward. The one on the bottom is a little single bbl'd .22 derringer. Can't tell you much about it. IIRC I won it in a poker game many years ago. Don't remember what the stakes were at the time, but I knew I wanted that little gun, so I called. Drew to an inside straight and 'whadaya' know, I won. The bbl is made of Chromed brass/copper alloy so the CB shorts are the only option for it. But I'd never part with it.
1611446735032.png

Mostly icefishing now
I talked my upstate NY cousin into taking me ice fishing once. Being from the south and not fully understanding the adventure that ice fishing is, he and I spent about 2 hours of hard work chopping a hole in the lake ice big enough to put the boat in.

Well, nothing much was biting, so as any southern boy would be doing in the south, after about 20 minutes of that I told him we needed to 'move the boat'! (y);)

I talked my upstate NY cousin into taking me ice fishing once. Being from the south and not fully understanding the adventure that ice fishing is, he and I spent about 2 hours of hard work chopping a hole in the lake ice big enough to put the boat in.

Well, nothing much was biting, so as any southern boy would be doing in the south, after about 20 minutes of that I told him we needed to 'move the boat'! (y);)
Bless your heart! lol

Back