testtest

Ronin Operator 5” 1911, 9mm feeding issues...is this common for the 9mm?

I have a brand new out the box 5” Ronin in 9mm and I am having feed jamming issues. Was wondering I’d anyone else is having similar issues??

I noticed before running the gun that if I rack the slide back, hold it and barely let it move forward it will actually stop and hang there. If I wiggle the gun it will go ahead and slide forward. I field stripped it prior to running it...I run a new 1911 wetter than normal to break it in, but I can’t get the gun to actually chamber a round on its own. If I manually add more pressure to the slide it will lock in a round, but jams again when fired.

Since it is a Saturday I sent an email to SA warranty dept and I hope they can get it sorted out for me soon.

anyone else having feeding issues on a new Ronin 9mm, 5”? Using a SA mag and Wilson combat mags, they all jam. am using factory Ammo that I run in other guns and in my 45 cap so I am not hanging this on a cheap Ammo.

I have a Loaded Operator in 45acp and it runs like a champ...no issues. So I am surprised and disappointed to have these issues out the box with the Ronin.

Attachments

• 2FFEC178-8987-45BB-A33C-BCBA92872D16.jpeg
    2FFEC178-8987-45BB-A33C-BCBA92872D16.jpeg
    883.6 KB · Views: 402
I have a brand new out the box 5” Ronin in 9mm and I am having feed jamming issues. Was wondering I’d anyone else is having similar issues??

I noticed before running the gun that if I rack the slide back, hold it and barely let it move forward it will actually stop and hang there. If I wiggle the gun it will go ahead and slide forward. I field stripped it prior to running it...I run a new 1911 wetter than normal to break it in, but I can’t get the gun to actually chamber a round on its own. If I manually add more pressure to the slide it will lock in a round, but jams again when fired.

Since it is a Saturday I sent an email to SA warranty dept and I hope they can get it sorted out for me soon.

anyone else having feeding issues on a new Ronin 9mm, 5”? Using a SA mag and Wilson combat mags, they all jam. am using factory Ammo that I run in other guns and in my 45 cap so I am not hanging this on a cheap Ammo.

I have a Loaded Operator in 45acp and it runs like a champ...no issues. So I am surprised and disappointed to have these issues out the box with the Ronin.
I know 9mm ammunition is hard to find but I would try a different manufacturer. As mentioned some guns just don’t like types of ammo. I’m also guessing there is a break in period to let things settle in.

I have a 9 mm Ronin that the first round of a full magazine nose dives and doesn't chamber. This happens with the factory mag as well as two Ed Browns, I clipped about half a coil of the factory mag spring which eliminated the FTF 99% of the time. Haven't gotten around to doing anything to the Ed Brown mags yet. I got chastised on another forum for clipping the spring to solve the FTF issue.

In your post you mentioned that you would pull the slide back and somewhat “slowly” let it go? You want to slingshot it, rack the slide and let it go “home” with all the force possible. It not firing after the first round could be ammo related and without trying a different brand, no way of knowing. Also could be mag related. Load your mags and let them sit for a few days. Fire a few hundred rounds through the pistol to get broken in and see what happens.

In your post you mentioned that you would pull the slide back and somewhat “slowly” let it go? You want to slingshot it, rack the slide and let it go “home” with all the force possible. It not firing after the first round could be ammo related and without trying a different brand, no way of knowing. Also could be mag related. Load your mags and let them sit for a few days. Fire a few hundred rounds through the pistol to get broken in and see what happens.
The action I described and you quoted was me field stripping the weapon and testing the action. I noticed that there is a literal hang point in The slides action in which it just stops.

when I am loading I rack the slide and let it go full force...I am more than familiar with the action of a 1911, and it does not want to chamber a round. It almost seems as if there is not enough force being generated to carry the slide all the way forward.
seeing how I cant get it to actually cycle I cant fire enough rounds thru it to break it in...and if something is wrong from the factory I am not going to damage it further by trying to force this issue.
I was just asking if anyone else was having these issues specific to this make/model in 9mm...

The action I described and you quoted was me field stripping the weapon and testing the action. I noticed that there is a literal hang point in The slides action in which it just stops.

when I am loading I rack the slide and let it go full force...I am more than familiar with the action of a 1911, and it does not want to chamber a round. It almost seems as if there is not enough force being generated to carry the slide all the way forward.
seeing how I cant get it to actually cycle I cant fire enough rounds thru it to break it in...and if something is wrong from the factory I am not going to damage it further by trying to force this issue.
I was just asking if anyone else was having these issues specific to this make/model in 9mm...

I understand, my fault for not understanding what you were talking about. Sometimes it can be simple as tooling, roughness or burrs causing it to hang up. SA customer service is very good and should take care of the issue.

Springfield customer service is outstanding. If you don't mind waiting on the phone for a little bit, give them a call and tell them what's going on. I like calling on the phone because it seems more personable. Plus, I want to make sure they really understand what's going on. Anyway, they can issue you a call tag and SA will take care of the problem(s). Turnaround times are pretty quick too.

I'm having the exact same issues with my Ronin 9 mm. The original factory mag worked ok but I bought a second one, which led to many feed issues. Springfield replaced it for me and I went to the range and experienced the same issues with the new mag. I was hoping to figure this out before getting a rma and shipping it back to be checked out.

Any new gun will have to have a break in period, my RO Operator had feeding issues at first, so did my Kimber Custom II in 9mm, don’t forget, there was and still are issues with a 1911 in 9mm. My suggestion is to keep it well lubed, clean and try different brands and weight of 9mm if you can, it will get better the more its shot, my RO did.

Any new gun will have to have a break in period, my RO Operator had feeding issues at first, so did my Kimber Custom II in 9mm, don’t forget, there was and still are issues with a 1911 in 9mm. My suggestion is to keep it well lubed, clean and try different brands and weight of 9mm if you can, it will get better the more its shot, my RO did.
I had read about these issues, but salesmen told me that over the years they had worked them out and that 9mm 1911's had gotten very reliable. Otherwise, I would have gotten the .45, and now wish I had. I never needed to work any of my non-1911 pistols out to achieve reliability. I probably have 300 or so rounds through mine so far, using 3 factory mags. I don't think it's an extractor issue. The round extracts and the slide seems to completely close. I can't even visually detect any problem....there's just an unexplained stoppage. I have to rack out the round and take it from there. The slide must be closing 99% of the way, but something is catching.

Ok, try this, when you have the slide off, put some oil around and down where the disconnector sticks out the frame.

Was this resolved? Mine is doing the same thing. Not returning to battery fully. Very disappointing for my first Springfield.

I have the same issue with my brand new Ronin 4.25 9mm. Most rounds I've fired in a row is 3. I've shot 3 mags worth of 2 different manufacturers bullets. I've contacted SA. I'm going to fire another box through it this weekend. I'm hoping a little wear will help it to work properly. Also will give me some good tap, rack, bang practice.

Damn, alot of issues with the 9mm version. my .45 has none of these issues. All of you should be reaching out to SA CS via phone. They will make it right.

This is a lot of issues for one type of SA 1911. That being said, regardless of what a salesman says, 1911s do need to be broken in. Anywhere from 300-500 rounds. I have several 1911s - 2 SAS and a Kimber - and they have all run fine, but I put all three through 500 rounds before I considered them reliable. Kimber advises to do so in their owners manual. Also, I don’t fill my mags, I always keep them 1 round short.

Back