testtest

Ruger Mark IV

S

Simon

I'm thinking about getting one of these. The stainless target model. I've heard good and bad about what kind of ammo they like. Some reviews state they're very picky about what ammo works and other reviews state that these guns will eat anything! Anyone have one of these and can share some info about this ? Thanks

Prior to the model of the Ruger 22s that came out with the push button takedown, they were a PITA to put back together after taken apart for cleaning. Plus I found the Buckmarks more accurate & lighter weight.

I’m with you on the pita on the cleaning prior to the MKIV. I’ve never compared weight in the models offered by Ruger to the Buckmarks. I’m very happy with my accuracy out of my MKIV though.

I usually buy 22lr ammo at the range and have used the CCI Stingers and shot Winchester Super X. I haven't shot any of my 22's recently and I don't think I've shot either of my 2 Mark IVs since I got them back from Ruger after they were recalled. I have too many guns and not enough time (especially now with Covid range restrictions), to shot them all. But I'll get there eventually.

Any advice on ammo type for the MKIV? I usually shoot CCI Stingers and Velositers out of my SP 101.

CCI Stingers are great!! The Velocitor is good ammo as well. The MiniMags work well as well. The thunderbolt is the only one I have had some issues with. Tandemkross offers a maintenance kit that you get a Titanium firing pin and a “Eagles Talon” extractor along with some rebound springs. I’ve had no issues with extraction or primer strikes with this simple kit. I don’t know why the link isn’t working.

My wife had one and we used Remington ammo with no problems. We didn't shoot thousands of rounds through it, though. Probably no more than seven or eight hundred. I have lately been looking at them again and like the one with the blue grips. Very pretty.

I'm thinking about getting one of these. The stainless target model. I've heard good and bad about what kind of ammo they like. Some reviews state they're very picky about what ammo works and other reviews state that these guns will eat anything! Anyone have one of these and can share some info about this ? Thanks
I own a stainless target mark IV, and a S&W model 41. The 41 is in a completely different league. If you can swing it...go with the 41!

Back