testtest

Ruger Mark IV

DSCF3843.JPG

Thinking back to the late 80's, early 90's when the wife and I were shooting lots of HP silhouette, one of the she often shot was with a Mk4 Ruger. As I recall, it would eat virtually anything that would fit in the bore, but was accurate with only a couple choices. I'm thinking her's was an 8" bull bbl and she could shoot it all day long, mag after mag, and it never faltered, never misfired. And was consistently accurate out to 100 yds.

Thinking back to the late 80's, early 90's when the wife and I were shooting lots of HP silhouette, one of the she often shot was with a Mk4 Ruger. As I recall, it would eat virtually anything that would fit in the bore, but was accurate with only a couple choices. I'm thinking her's was an 8" bull bbl and she could shoot it all day long, mag after mag, and it never faltered, never misfired. And was consistently accurate out to 100 yds.
Interesting but I think the MK4 didn't come out until 2016 !

Yup, I bought two when they first came out, hence I got caught up in the recall on the safety switch issue. It was a few years ago like you said, definitely not the 80's-90's. I'm not sure what model was the most current version back then MKII or MKIII perhaps.

You're absolutely right. It was a Mk2. I wasn't thinking when I typed that I guess, I was just thinking 'Ruger' and looking at the picture. I assure you the looks didn't change much though since the 80's-90's. LOL!

So does anyone have advice on ammo for a MKIV?

We own the Mark IV Hunter. Like any .22LR you have to keep them clean. We use it for plinking and casual paper punching as well as hunting rabbits (with a red dot attached). We like it and we shoot it more than any other .22 handgun we own.

We have over 10,000 rounds through it without any problems other than a very occasional failure to feed and a couple of failures to eject which only occurred when the gun was dirty. We did change the trigger to a Volquartsen.

We use mostly Remington Golden bullets except when hunting. No problems.

Back