testtest

Ruger Super Redhawk

Well, the S&W .460 can shoot the following calibers, .460S&W, .454casull and the .45 Colt, The Ruger only .454casull, and .45 Colt. The Ruger is probably a stronger gun, the S&W has the gain twist rifling, so it is intended for longer ranges. Just depends are your use for it, don’t forget the original Taurus Raging Bull, in .454 casull.

Well, the S&W .460 can shoot the following calibers, .460S&W, .454casull and the .45 Colt, The Ruger only .454casull, and .45 Colt. The Ruger is probably a stronger gun, the S&W has the gain twist rifling, so it is intended for longer ranges. Just depends are your use for it, don’t forget the original Taurus Raging Bull, in .454 casull.
I've heard bad things about Taurus. Is there any truth to claims about bad reliability?

I have heard nothing really bad, I made a post on Taurus revolvers a few days ago, I never owned any of there revolvers, but I also never heard really any bad things about the Raging Bull, in my opinion only, S&W has more issues with there revolvers, meaning quality control issues, then most, I have sent several back, and had one just repaired at my local gunsmith instead of sending it back. If you can, try out the ones you are interested in and then decide.

I'm looking at a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. Anyone have any experience? Any info? I'm also interested in a S&W in .460. How do they compare?
I have one benstt. Like El Lobo states, it kicks like heck, and Annihilator correctly states it can shoot both 454 Casull & 45LC (the 460 can fire all three, as he also states). I own both the Super Redhawk & 44 Mag Redhawk. I believe the Super Redhawk came with wooden grips that I swapped out for Hough rubber grips (or it may have been the 44 that I change). In any case both now have rubber grips which helps with the recoil. I wore shooting gloves as well and could only get through 20 rounds of the 454 casull, as my hands took a pounding. My 1st shot was a little high, and blew the outdoor target frame 4x6” timber to bits. I loved the power of the 454, and I’m thinking of getting the S&W 500 as a companion.

I have one benstt. Like El Lobo states, it kicks like heck, and Annihilator correctly states it can shoot both 454 Casull & 45LC (the 460 can fire all three, as he also states). I own both the Super Redhawk & 44 Mag Redhawk. I believe the Super Redhawk came with wooden grips that I swapped out for Hough rubber grips (or it may have been the 44 that I change). In any case both now have rubber grips which helps with the recoil. I wore shooting gloves as well and could only get through 20 rounds of the 454 casull, as my hands took a pounding. My 1st shot was a little high, and blew the outdoor target frame 4x6” timber to bits. I loved the power of the 454, and I’m thinking of getting the S&W 500 as a companion.
Nice. I have a .44 Super Blackhawk and I think it needs a big brother. I have a Pardner 12 gauge and can fire that one handed with a 3" slug; I'm less worried about recoil and more interested in raw power :)

Nice. I have a .44 Super Blackhawk and I think it needs a big brother. I have a Pardner 12 gauge and can fire that one handed with a 3" slug; I'm less worried about recoil and more interested in raw power :)
1590362166315.gif

More power........

Well you’ll certainly get that with the 454, benstt ;). Good luck if you eventually go that way, I think it’s a great revolver.

Well, if you want more power.....S&W 500 will do it, had one for a time.......heavy...heavy recoil, but lots of power.
That’s next on my list. LGS had a S&W 500 & 460. Gun store buddy was trying to sell me the 460 saying it could fire 460,454, & 45LC. Since I already had the Super Redhawk in 454, I told him it came down to the 460 vs 500, & I would take the 500 over the 460. A few days later when I decided I’d buy the 500, it was already sold & the this pandemic hit. And so I wait 😡

Back