testtest

Saint Edge ATC

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Got my hands on one today.

Have to say disappointed.
- heavy
-top rail above the monolithic lower on the barrel rattled to high heaven. Super loose
- big gap between upper rail handguard and upper receiver

I’ll stay with my other Saint Victor 5.56 & .308
E1416FC7-75FC-46C8-8EC2-31BFA703B4B8.jpeg

They all have a gap, and a there is a screw that needs to be adjusted That removes the rattle. You loosen it to remove the upper handguard.

if you look at both of mine they also have the gap where the upper handguard does not touch the upper.
2929C331-675F-4B4A-8160-3C9B7443CBED.jpeg

Even in the official SA Glamour shots the gap is shown.

2DA36245-1DB4-444F-8DA6-6CDB20319E3F.jpeg

And from the manual they talk about the front set screw, the harder you tighten, makes it harder to remove the handguard.
13021763-6746-408A-990C-4910CAFBDC7E.jpeg

Heres a close up of one of mine, the handguard is free floating around the barrel and does not touch it or the upper at all.
2F4372EF-EF93-4054-98B1-FC5A3C61C001.jpeg

So is there a way to keep it in full contact with the upper making the pic rail touch each other without modification? Or is it just live with the unsightly gap?
They all have a gap, and a there is a screw that needs to be adjusted That removes the rattle. You loosen it to remove the upper handguard.

if you look at both of mine they also have the gap where the upper handguard does not touch the upper.
View attachment 24084

Even in the official SA Glamour shots the gap is shown.

View attachment 24085

And from the manual they talk about the front set screw, the harder you tighten, makes it harder to remove the handguard.
View attachment 24086

Now to talk about the rattle, the ATC utilizes three accutite screws, the forward one has a polymer bushing, the two rear ones are metal tipped and push into both of the upper lugs. The ATC also comes with a set tool thats extra long. Unlike other Saints you can adjust all Accutite screws without removing the pistol grip…meaning you can adjust it on the fly.
D2D84258-766F-4AC0-8B06-BD373A130B07.jpeg

The hole for the front screw, this will make it easier to remove the upper handguard. But if it is loose to be able to easily remove the handguard it will rattle. If it is adjusted tight it is almost i possible to remove the handguard.
75C7890E-BD93-4655-BD72-C562E5A52A68.jpeg

Here is a look inside the lower handguard showing the screw.
41C80CAD-CF28-4EE9-B74B-8B69C7435CD1.jpeg

Moving back here is the lower by the front takedown pin and the accutite screw for the front lug.
600BB95B-9667-4D4F-AEDF-71A82A38484B.jpeg

Here is the oustide of the lower showing the hole for the front adjustment screw
EAEE42EC-0C82-4194-A722-2B25493FCC69.jpeg

Now further back to the rear screw which other Saints already have, but this one is an upgraded accutite screw.
1D72C032-A56E-4661-A09B-D0494DB481F5.jpeg

An update over older SAINTS you can now adjust the rear screw without removing the pistol grip, thanks to the extra long provided tool. This means you can tighten the upper and lower fit tight tight tight, but loosen the screw on the fly for easy disassembly. Huh 🤔 it almost seems like someone thought about all this stuff.

A look down the pistol grip, the small hole in the back is for the accutite screw.
C783289A-61F9-4DA4-B111-374B1A3FB2AE.jpeg

Something that Springfield should inform the dealers about.

I man handled one for quite a bit and the rattle and gap gave me a giant MEH .. feeling
Its in the manual literally the first thing mentioned about the ATC And it’s unique construction. When we get a new gun in the store first thing we do is look at the manual if we don’t know anything about it.

Its in the manual literally the first thing mentioned about the ATC And it’s unique construction. When we get a new gun in the store first thing we do is look at the manual if we don’t know anything about it.
Well, i compliment you on learning a new gun to discuss with potential buyers, but avg LGS has no clue on the unique quirks of the ATC.

First impression without a background lesson on the gap and rattle.. well.. you know the result I encountered.

I can do that with the Saint Victor and Edge already.
….and they dont rattle … soooo ..
Why pay more for the ATC ?
No one is making you buy anything, If you are happy with your other Saints great. If your Current Saint shoots that good you know Springfield make a great firearm. Lesson learned about jumping to conclusions
But your experience in analogous to the multiple new users that come here to complain about the upper and lower rattle of all the other Saints, the advice is read the manual and adjust the accutite screw. Now you know, Springfield has never hidden the gap, and you have to adjust the screws to disassemble and to reassemble. Take this thread to your dealer and educate them, or tell them to read the manual, watch the videos etc.

Back