testtest

Saint Victor Ar-15 CA Compliant w/15" M-LOK FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD. Use Screw on picatinny rail or replace entire rail?

Hey fellow Springfield owners. Just purchased this gorgeous rifle in the great state of California and now I am debating what to do with her? I want to hear your guys' personal opinions and suggestions on this entire handguard situation. I am hesitant to screw 2 nuts into the M:Lok to Picatinny adapter for the reason being that I believe that the cheapness and possibility of gun use will loosen the screws and my future attachments (bipods, lasers, grips) will come flying off randomly anytime. Anyways if you guys do suggest I go with the adapter what attachments would you recommend? Lastly if you prefer replacing the entire rail what brand would you suggest as a replacement? Other than that thank you guys for your generous help!

I've used Strike Industries pic rail that does m-loc and keymod. 1 choice with 2 options and never had any issues! Poly is ok, but steel or aluminum is better. Given that statement I do have poly also. Brands make a difference!
This would be the one correct? Looks solid and pricey. Both that I like!

@Nicholaspupiec - Properly installed, M-LOK should not unduly fail: https://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/...keymod-vs-m-lok-test-conducted-at-nswc-crane/

With laser, rail deflection is a real issue - and this is the reason why so many spend so much money on extremely high-quality rails, and also why "legacy" quad-rail as well as monolithic systems still are still not only being offered by select makes, but why they still remain popular among that particular crowd. Unless you are seriously looking to use a laser (VIS or IR), I don't believe that it's worth the effort or expense to pursue a replacement rail, instead, being cognizant of potential deflection issues (just as you would in using a front sight mounted to the handguard), you should be OK.

In terms of the bipod, be sure that your chosen M-LOK rail section notes that it's OK for such use. For example, the BCM polymer M-LOK pic rail section (https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-3-inch-picatinny-rail-section-nylon-black-m-lok-compatible/) notes specifically that it is for non-bearing use only - it would be a shame, in my books, to use a bipod with that setup, only to not be able to load into it properly.

Hey fellow Springfield owners. Just purchased this gorgeous rifle in the great state of California and now I am debating what to do with her? I want to hear your guys' personal opinions and suggestions on this entire handguard situation. I am hesitant to screw 2 nuts into the M:Lok to Picatinny adapter for the reason being that I believe that the cheapness and possibility of gun use will loosen the screws and my future attachments (bipods, lasers, grips) will come flying off randomly anytime. Anyways if you guys do suggest I go with the adapter what attachments would you recommend? Lastly if you prefer replacing the entire rail what brand would you suggest as a replacement? Other than that thank you guys for your generous help!
I use the Magpul mlok to picatinny rails and so far had no issues.

I looked into BCM for their quad rails but for now, they are out of stock on this in black.

I personally replaced the fin grip with the Megafin but also replaced the double sided safety with a single sided, Brownells sells a Colt single sided safety or buy it from Palmetto State Armory.

I personally also use Magpul rail covers with it also.

Noobie here. Does anyone know if there is a replacement handguard rail with an A2 cutout that I would not have to remove or adjust sights for this rifle? Preferably mlok???

SAINT® M-LOK AR-15 RIFLE

ST916556BMA
Centurion Arms

Did you ever receive a solution to this question? I have the same issue with my Saint Victor...need a few more inches of top picatinny rail. Thx.

Back