testtest

SAINT VICTOR AR-15

Which cantilever mount from vortex optics fits best
0DD82B03-9904-43DC-BEEA-5EDE738DA4AF.jpeg

They all work fine !

Any Vortex cantilever mount will fit the rail of the Saint Victor and pretty much every railed AR that I'm aware of. The size only depends on the scope tube size with 30mm and 1 inch scope tubes being the most popular sizes.

As @10mmLife wrote and @KillerFord1977 demonstrated, it's the tube diameter of the optic to which the mount clamps around that's your more important consideration. Make sure you get the right one, @Nicholaspupiec .

That said, @Nicholaspupiec , be aware that the cantilever setup will do just that - cantilever your optic over what is otherwise typically the center-of-mass of the gun. As you push that weight farther towards the muzzle, the gun will "feel heavier."

If you plan to run a magnifier with the RDS, as shown with @KillerFord1977 's setup, this may be unavoidable, but if you're doing it for aesthetic reasons, you may want to play around with just where you are locating the optic, in order to better reconcile actual weight versus perceived weight.

Not trying to go off subject so pardon me if I am, just jumping in because of the title. I recently bought the Saint Victor, had it shipped to my FFL person and noticed it had a couple minor flaws. One looks almost like a weld slag/mold defect, other one has the green coating wore off in one spot. Called Springfield 2 days later and was told to send it in, just received it back today and only thing that was documented as a correction was the stiffness of the stock that was hard to slide. I but blue tape and arrows pointing to the 2 blemishes and the tape was still there as were the blemishes. Not real thrilled with, not a positive thought from me at this moment. This was not bought as a "blemish" buy. My first Springfield purchase and planned on a couple more but not sure now as how this has been handled. Any thoughts? I will attach a couple pics soon, my computer isn't cooperating

Did you inspect the gun upon purchase ?

- small indention looks like a metal mold/manu defect/dimple
- top smear looks like a severe rub of some sort.

All purely cosmetic. Could have happened with shipping, at the retailer, etc …

I would say that was an issue to be taken up with your retailer for a discount upon purchase as opposed to SA.

My opinion

Where was the initial purchase made from? Could the seller that you bought it from have possibly had this rifle on display in a rack and when you bought it they could have boxed it up and sent it out.

There's a few LGS in my area that have open displays where you could handle the rifles and these same rifles are sometimes sold through online sales. I'm not saying every rifle can get banged up from being on a rack but it is possible.

I have a Spikes AR that came from the factory with blemishes under the finish that I'm not happy with myself so I know this can happen also.

Maybe I’m expecting too much, every weapon (rifle, shotgun, pistol) from various manufacturers I’ve bought have no blemishes whatsoever. Maybe I’m expecting too much, not the end of the world type thing I can move on. Just thought it would be a simple fix(replace receiver). Live and learn, don’t buy sight unseen. Thanks guys

In my opinion any firearm bought new should come without major blemishes unless it was specified in the listing to have them.

I am curious to know which online retailer you purchased the rifle from initially?

Have you tried calling SA customer service to talk to a live person and explaining that your warranty issue wasn't resolved?

Springfield Armory Customer Service
(800) 680-6866

Palmetto State Armory, I called Palmetto and they told me it would be a issue with Springfield. I did talk to customer service at Springfield and they are the ones that told me that it warranted it being sent in. I sent CS same pics I posted here
I'd recommend calling SA again to try and get this resolved and maybe follow up with an email.

I've dealt with a defective Ruger rifle a couple of years back that I had to send back 3 times before it was corrected so I can relate to your frustrations.

I'm sure in the end SA will make this right by you.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

I'd recommend calling SA again to try and get this resolved and maybe follow up with an email.

I've dealt with a defective Ruger rifle a couple of years back that I had to send back 3 times before it was corrected so I can relate to your frustrations.

I'm sure in the end SA will make this right by you.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks, I will follow up when needed

Btw welcome to the forum!

There's a good group of members here that are very welcoming to new members so feel free to jump into any conversations that may interest you.

Just beware of a member named @Annihilator because that guys is just pure crazy....😜👍
Thanks guys for the welcoming, I still will try working with Springfield because “in my opinion” it’s a simple fix

Back