testtest

Searching For The Ideal Range Bag

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
There are a variety of range bags, obviously, but let’s be honest, many are just variations on the same theme. There is the traditional boxy rectangular bags that most people are familiar with. These vary in size from relatively compact to the gigantic ones you find at most shooting matches.

1720646973368.png

finding what i want ends up getting what i find:(. though i don't carry if any extra boxes of ammo, i just load up the mags since i have lots. most of the storage in many bags don't fit my needs and usually get 2 bags. a bag holding 4 pistols, 16+ mags and the rest of necessary range gear gets heavy quick. when i take 2 bags i usually end up taking more pistols (7-8 total) and a few extra boxes of ammo, especially when i have +1 or +2 going with me and that's just when shooting at home.

I was one who used to tote (lug) a large range bag to and fro the range on each trip. The bag contained any/everything imaginable. Through the years, I learned that I can perk properly with a multi-pistol bag that comfortably holds all my essentials, ammunition included.

i have a Stanley tools air tool bag i use
and a klein tools bag plus a generic tool bag from harbor freight
now i have a pelican case thats too big, but i can hold all the stuff needed
i also have a few XD labelled bags and one bersa bag
i have used a computer case with wheels like i had when i traveled all the time
it might explain why i am so sore after loading up the truck
its like moving day

I just use a $35 " Tacticool" backpack my wife picked up for me at a Kohls in Louisiana or somewhere. 5.11 has a couple reasonably priced bags suited to the task that I've been thinking about though.

I have a nice padded case for rifles and shotguns and I generally only take one or two handguns at a time so I don't need a tote or anything big.

This is what I use, in red, though I paid half that somewhere online they were on sale. Lots of room, can add accessories to hold magazines, pouches for stuff, etc. Velcro holsters can be attached in ccw sleeve. Easy to throw over one shoulder.

I’ve been happy with it and it doesn’t scream “full of gun stuff”. But I also usually only take one or two guns and associated ammo at a time, one gun of which I’m carrying.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.png
    IMG_0083.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
i used to use, the cheap bags i'd get from the NRA, or some other organization. but as many know, those are like paper thin, and rip easy..i was able to find a really nice bag a a small "army/navy store", that sells ammo, knives, and other survival items, just never any guns.

i think the cost was like $40.

it's heavy too, with nothing in it.

I have acquired so many freebies, and picked up a few online pistol cases. I have a Condition One hard case that holds four pistols and umpteen mags. I only bring that one when I'm going to shoot more than two pistols on a range trip. I have a SA two pistol bag that I use most of the time for after work range visits. I also carry a nylon bag I got as a freebie at Cabela's, which holds my spare ammo, safety glasses, hearing protection, IFAK, a few tools, and there's room for my wallet and other stuff. Much like @USMC1911, until I see something else I want.
I have a very cool rifle case that is extremely well made, which will hold two rifles and two handguns...and lots of other gear. I shouldn't need anything else, but I'm a girl. Nuff said... :cool:

There are a variety of range bags, obviously, but let’s be honest, many are just variations on the same theme. There is the traditional boxy rectangular bags that most people are familiar with. These vary in size from relatively compact to the gigantic ones you find at most shooting matches.

View attachment 61935
If there is only one think you remember when looking for a range bag, it is this: When you put your black firearm, black magazine, black took kit, black batter holder, black dump bag, etc., etc. into your new black bag you will wish that you had bought a grey, coyote, tan, or blue bag every time you go to the range.

1720811744951.png

Went shooting this morning, my range bag weighs about 8000 pounds

20240712_080411.jpg

20240712_083102.jpg
you see, i could never keep my guns in the original clamshells, or cardboard boxes..they would take up too my space in my range bag,

this is what i have for all my guns, i get them at walmart, i was paying $10 each, the price went up however.

1720812078785.png

1720812096909.png

1720812121163.png

as you can see, it'll hold 4 mags...then too, my bag can hold several more.

given a couple of boxes of ammo, targets, small tools, a can of lead wipes, all in one package.

i can get 2, sometimes 3 guns in my bag, when i use the Allen gun cases.

i'll post pics another time of the bag i have.

you see, i could never keep my guns in the original clamshells, or cardboard boxes..they would take up too my space in my range bag,

this is what i have for all my guns, i get them at walmart, i was paying $10 each, the price went up however.

View attachment 62075
View attachment 62076
View attachment 62077

as you can see, it'll hold 4 mags...then too, my bag can hold several more.

given a couple of boxes of ammo, targets, small tools, a can of lead wipes, all in one package.

i can get 2, sometimes 3 guns in my bag, when i use the Allen gun cases.

i'll post pics another time of the bag i have.
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered 2. Tax and shipping, $33. Love the magazine room as I like to take enough magazines per gun to load 50 (not a fan of wasting time loading at range). Free shipping was available at $35 before tax, but don’t need 4 lol. 11.27 ea before tax online @ Walmart, and they arrive tomorrow!

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered 2. Tax and shipping, $33. Love the magazine room as I like to take enough magazines per gun to load 50 (not a fan of wasting time loading at range). Free shipping was available at $35 before tax, but don’t need 4 lol. 11.27 ea before tax online @ Walmart, and they arrive tomorrow!
glad to have helped..

i like'em, they are padded too, i case you should drop it.

Back