where i put my swept casings

1720819572605.png

self explanatory

1720819612531.png

extra magazine storage

1720819647689.png

as the pic above.

1720819696750.png

storage on the other end, like spare glasses, snap caps, squib remover, some small tools

1720819774712.png

inside, for targets, at least 2 guns (in those walmart cases) ear/eye protection, Maglulas (2), ammo, (as much as i can fit), fingerless gloves, and on the bottom, i put a carpet square cut to fit, for added strength, and to prevent anything from poking thru.

1720819851904.png

overall view.

1720820012050.png

I hear @KillerFord1977 and @SimonRL went in and bought a buick just to haul all the ammo and guns they take to the range and got permission from the range master to park it by the door to range.
Man oh man, 14 gun bags and @SimonRL and I can just cruise this Buick Roadmaster right up to the back range bay door. Park and slide right into VIP.
Glorious I tell you, Glorious !!!

IMG_7389.jpeg

I have this habit of preloading my mags before I go, makes the carry bag a bit heavy but only one thing to carry
I preload my mags as well. Like you, I don't like spending the time at the lane loading mags. Also, I rarely shoot only one (or two) guns. I usually bring a minimum of three, and three to four mags for each. I do bring extra ammo and my maglula, in case I find myself on a roll (it's happened a time or two 😎 ). Thankfully my range allows this. I am a member and on a first name basis with the RSO, and he knows I follow the rules in there, unlike a few they've had to frog-march out for stupidity...

I dont preload mags at all. I have loaded mags and firearm for CC, but everything else I load at the range.
5 rounds at a time.
With preloaded high cap mags, I’ll just burn thru ammo way to quickly.
Reloading after 5 forces me to slow down, clear the head and relax.

Only preload for classes and drills where instructors are involved

I dont preload mags at all. I have loaded mags and firearm for CC, but everything else I load at the range.
5 rounds at a time.

I do remember you telling me about that. I don't fire all those rounds at once, because of your advice. But you are right, the temptation to blast through it is always there.

Park and slide right into VIP.
Yep, when you reach legend status at the range you can do that. them one ragged holes ya'll make is legendary. we all strive to get there, but some of us struggle. no range will let me shoot there cause i hit the ceiling, floor, guys targets in another lane and all over. as said i be cross eyed and bullets go ever which a way so "sigh" i have to go across the street where only trees will be harmed.

Yep, when you reach legend status at the range you can do that. them one ragged holes ya'll make is legendary. we all strive to get there, but some of us struggle. no range will let me shoot there cause i hit the ceiling, floor, guys targets in another lane and all over. as said i be cross eyed and bullets go ever which a way so "sigh" i have to go across the street where only trees will be harmed.
I want to join that cool club.
VIP parking and a range in the trees.

Yes please !!!
1723996446725.gif

I do remember you telling me about that. I don't fire all those rounds at once, because of your advice. But you are right, the temptation to blast through it is always there.
I pre-load 12, 1911 or P220 magazines when I go shoot. Nowadays with the cost of ammo, that's about my daily limit. A far cry from my previous several hundred rounds a week. Another advantage of having 8 round 1911 magazines, I conserve ammo because I just get tired of reloading magazines.

5 rounds at a time.

Same. I’ll preload MP5 mags and that’s it. I don’t even preload for classes anymore because the first thing our instructor will say is “ I want three mags of 6, 3 and 1 rounds”. Emptying 18 rd mags is a pain in the butt.

Same. I’ll preload MP5 mags and that’s it. I don’t even preload for classes anymore because the first thing our instructor will say is “ I want three mags of 6, 3 and 1 rounds”. Emptying 18 rd mags is eya pain in the butt.
When I was running courses I limited mags to 6 rounds to force multiple reloads. It also evened the field for revolver shooters. Unless they had one of those new fangled aberration 7 shot revolvers 😉

Back