testtest

Show off your 1911

HAPPY NEW GUN (to me) DAY!

Colt Combat Commander...1979 style...

IMG_4711.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG

Recent 1911 addict. Never really cared about the 1911’s until I got my first one. Now it’s an obsession.

Here’s the two I currently have with two more in the works.
I have nineteen 1911s; seventeen are Colts, all are classic Series 70 or pre-Series 70, and all function perfectly. I have one Ruger SR1911 LWC in 9mm that is simply a dream to shoot and a 1945 Remington Rand that I shoot occasionally but mostly have it on display.

I think I may be obsessed.

Cheers

Bob

Picked this up earlier this afternoon.......
And for the price I got it, it was almost stealing it.
20240525_155522.jpg

Its ATIs Commander length M1911 GI.
Made a quick range trip and it shoots, it doesn't like SIG magazines, one of my Wilson Combat magazines lets GI ball ammo nose dive into the frame.
It'll get a good cleaning and lubricated tomorrow.
It'll also feed 185 grain hollow points with no issue.

Just picked up a new full size Garrison in 9mm. Seriously thinking about getting a Commander size Garrison. View attachment 58189
I do love my stainless Garrison ! (Kinda wish they’d had the Commander size when i got it , not long after the model was introduced)… Not as ‘smooth’ as my Ronin - there’s a diff in fit/finish between the two - but thoroughly reliable. Love the grips, too.
U made a good choice 👍

OK…all you fancy boys with your fancy .45s. Take a gander at some working .45s. Three Ballesters; one Riguad, and 2 Molinas. Bought them in the 80s for $100 each, when Century was importing them from Argentina. All work well, the Riguad, bottom was used by Customs, the Molinas were by the National Police. Originally made in the 30s, they soldiered on until the 80s when replaced by the Argentine version of the P-35.

OK…all you fancy boys with your fancy .45s. Take a gander at some working .45s. Three Ballesters; one Riguad, and 2 Molinas. Bought them in the 80s for $100 each, when Century was importing them from Argentina. All work well, the Riguad, bottom was used by Customs, the Molinas were by the National Police. Originally made in the 30s, they soldiered on until the 80s when replaced by the Argentine version of the P-35.
IMG_2844.jpeg

Back