testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

New/former member here. I picked this up a few months ago while HK still had their promotional $200 deal going. Used that to buy more magazines. And bought more magazines to boot. After I had shot over 500 rounds through it, I made it my EDC. My XDs .45 had been my faithful EDC for over 10 years. Just decided to jump on the 9mm band wagon. HK VP9SK. I love the distressed look it came with. I had bought a Hellcat RPD a few years ago, but my hands were too big for it. Never could get used to it. I still have it, but it is just a drawer pistol now.

1725051571212.jpeg

New/former member here. I picked this up a few months ago while HK still had their promotional $200 deal going. Used that to buy more magazines. And bought more magazines to boot. After I had shot over 500 rounds through it, I made it my EDC. My XDs .45 had been my faithful EDC for over 10 years. Just decided to jump on the 9mm band wagon. HK VP9SK. I love the distressed look it came with. I had bought a Hellcat RPD a few years ago, but my hands were too big for it. Never could get used to it. I still have it, but it is just a drawer pistol now.

View attachment 65432
About 3 or 4 of us did the same thing while they had that $200 deal going on. I don't recall anyone getting the distressed version though. Looks great.

I think I like my SK better than my regular VP9. And I don't really care that much for compact handguns ordinarily.

View attachment 65432
Yeah that's pretty nice, no doubt. I too have XL hands and though I like the Hellcat (fiancee had one she'd let me shoot), it was too small for me unless I used the extendo mags. Also, I found the captive recoil spring to be so stiff that I had a bit of a time trying to work the slide. I have a touch of arthritis in my hands but nowhere as bad as I have elsewhere; it's just enough to make the Hellcat a poor choice for me.
For the most part, having big mitts keeps me in the service-size end of pistol frames, regardless of caliber. My next purchase will be the 10mm XDM Elite, in OD green cerakote. I had to wait for the full-size version to be offered, and the only reason I've been holding off since then has been because of other opportunities that I had to seize on the spot (such as an AR-10 for the bargain price of $700!)

Yeah that's pretty nice, no doubt. I too have XL hands and though I like the Hellcat (fiancee had one she'd let me shoot), it was too small for me unless I used the extendo mags. Also, I found the captive recoil spring to be so stiff that I had a bit of a time trying to work the slide. I have a touch of arthritis in my hands but nowhere as bad as I have elsewhere; it's just enough to make the Hellcat a poor choice for me.
For the most part, having big mitts keeps me in the service-size end of pistol frames, regardless of caliber. My next purchase will be the 10mm XDM Elite, in OD green cerakote. I had to wait for the full-size version to be offered, and the only reason I've been holding off since then has been because of other opportunities that I had to seize on the spot (such as an AR-10 for the bargain price of $700!)
I did try a Hogue beavertail grip sleeve. It helped, but not enough. Extended magazines helped also, but again, it didn't help enough. The Hellcat was just too narrow for me. I really wanted to make it work, but the cards were against me. Also didn't care for the red dot Wasp. In the future I might do the paperwork to get a suppressor, since it does have a threaded barrel for the compensator. And I never could really tell if that compensator really worked or not.

I did try a Hogue beavertail grip sleeve. It helped, but not enough. Extended magazines helped also, but again, it didn't help enough. The Hellcat was just too narrow for me. I really wanted to make it work, but the cards were against me. Also didn't care for the red dot Wasp. In the future I might do the paperwork to get a suppressor, since it does have a threaded barrel for the compensator. And I never could really tell if that compensator really worked or not.
I like Hogue grips. Better than Pachmayr unless it's a wheelgun, IMHO. Last .357 I had I went with the Pachmayr, it was the best fit for me. The only mouse gun I have (NAA Guardian .380) has a Hogue on it. However, for my 1911 I went with a Pearce grip w/ finger grooves because while the backstrap has checkering, the front was smooth. The wings of the grip go under the wooden grip panels, and this seemed a better way to go than any other brand. My 1911 is my 'go to church' gun, and my XDM is my EDC.

Pearce 1911 gripmod finger groove.jpg
My 1911 New.png

I like Hogue grips. Better than Pachmayr unless it's a wheelgun, IMHO. Last .357 I had I went with the Pachmayr, it was the best fit for me. The only mouse gun I have (NAA Guardian .380) has a Hogue on it. However, for my 1911 I went with a Pearce grip w/ finger grooves because while the backstrap has checkering, the front was smooth. The wings of the grip go under the wooden grip panels, and this seemed a better way to go than any other brand. My 1911 is my 'go to church' gun, and my XDM is my EDC.

View attachment 65484 View attachment 65485
I also have a SA XDM in .45. I only carry it the winter when it's a little easier to conceal. It's a little bit too big and heavy when loaded too properly conceal during South Texas summers when I'm in just shorts and a tee shirt.

Back