testtest

Sighting for my BO

SMSgtRod, are you in the P&S Facebook Groups?

If you are, there's a rather recent discussion there that highlights the difficulties in the use of the 45-deg. offset:

Pay special attention to Chuck Pressburg's reply: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSP...35311636285&reply_comment_id=2717584994954650 , as well as the others below it, in that same sub-reply group.

Pressburg's the SME behind Presscheck Consulting, whose "No Fail" handgun drill was perhaps the spawn of the renewed interest in handgun efficacy beyond the 10 yard line: something that the late Pat Rogers and others had lamented.

SMSgtRod, are you in the P&S Facebook Groups?

If you are, there's a rather recent discussion there that highlights the difficulties in the use of the 45-deg. offset:

Pay special attention to Chuck Pressburg's reply: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSP...35311636285&reply_comment_id=2717584994954650 , as well as the others below it, in that same sub-reply group.

Pressburg's the SME behind Presscheck Consulting, whose "No Fail" handgun drill was perhaps the spawn of the renewed interest in handgun efficacy beyond the 10 yard line: something that the late Pat Rogers and others had lamented.
The offset too me is a waste of movement, especially when I can run sights in tandem. It usually consist of 3 pieces that can be 100% sighted in for 3 and 4 ranges. It's a math calculation that I do. I get 1 set and then work the other 1 or 2 out as needed.

Thank you to all that assisted here. I now have another thread going with my sight issues on it. :ROFLMAO:
Sincerely appreciate all the contributions.👍

The offset too me is a waste of movement, especially when I can run sights in tandem. It usually consist of 3 pieces that can be 100% sighted in for 3 and 4 ranges. It's a math calculation that I do. I get 1 set and then work the other 1 or 2 out as needed.

That's the other approach - and certainly, like the offsets, it works for some shooters.

I've always wanted to play with that kind of setup as I am cross-dominant. Having a vertically raised/offset close-range sighting alternative over a fixed (or just more powerful) magnification lower, theoretically, should work out well for me, but I honestly don't know.

I was able to try the Leopold D-EVO/RDS setup once, but it was in the confines of a store setting, so I wasn't able to really see if it would play out. I've yet to find someone in a training class or even on the flat-range with one, and given its expense, that's not a purchase I want to make, without first trying, particularly given both its weight as well as the concessions of the side-saddle magnified optic.

Regardless, my personal belief is that no matter how the individual end-user chooses to set up their weapon, they need to achieve proficiency with it in whatever it is the context of their use. And this, of-course, just demands practicing towards that goal. :)

That's the other approach - and certainly, like the offsets, it works for some shooters.

I've always wanted to play with that kind of setup as I am cross-dominant. Having a vertically raised/offset close-range sighting alternative over a fixed (or just more powerful) magnification lower, theoretically, should work out well for me, but I honestly don't know.

I was able to try the Leopold D-EVO/RDS setup once, but it was in the confines of a store setting, so I wasn't able to really see if it would play out. I've yet to find someone in a training class or even on the flat-range with one, and given its expense, that's not a purchase I want to make, without first trying, particularly given both its weight as well as the concessions of the side-saddle magnified optic.

Regardless, my personal belief is that no matter how the individual end-user chooses to set up their weapon, they need to achieve proficiency with it in whatever it is the context of their use. And this, of-course, just demands practicing towards that goal. :)
True, always get what setup works for you, but I'm sure that no one out there has had the opportunity too try this kind of setup!

^ It's hard to find that opportunity, for sure.

And that's coming from me - a guy who is a self-confessed range-rat and training "hobbyist."

The people I get to meet aren't really "typical," and tend to have more specialized and higher-end equipment: but even then, it's typically more conventional.

^ It's hard to find that opportunity, for sure.

And that's coming from me - a guy who is a self-confessed range-rat and training "hobbyist."

The people I get to meet aren't really "typical," and tend to have more specialized and higher-end equipment: but even then, it's typically more conventional.
Going down the same tracks again! The military does sniper training just south of me and I know the person who does the teaching. Anyone can sign up for it!

Last edited:
^ I'm not able to travel out for classes just yet. :) Most likely that opportunity will come when my daughter leaves the house for school. :)

TX has a lot of great training opportunities.

Not to mention great food! :D

Would like some assistance... Have my new 300 Black Out pistol.... 7.5" barrel....

I have yet to install sights on it. I wear glasses and I find in testing that my glasses bump the brace.
I'm thinking of using an angle rail mount along with a riser to have the sight up and off to the side.
I'm open to all kinds of ideas. Thanks
View attachment 614
Would like some assistance... Have my new 300 Black Out pistol.... 7.5" barrel....

I have yet to install sights on it. I wear glasses and I find in testing that my glasses bump the brace.
I'm thinking of using an angle rail mount along with a riser to have the sight up and off to the side.
I'm open to all kinds of ideas. Thanks
View attachment 614
I have the Vortex Strikfire on my 300 BO Saint pistol. I’m also not a big fan of lasers so I also added a light with touch pad.

Attachments

• BFCAAAF1-CC57-45FD-B988-F62DCD06DCFA.jpeg
    BFCAAAF1-CC57-45FD-B988-F62DCD06DCFA.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 239
Friend of mine has a 10 1/2" .556 with a red dot that is scarily accurate out to 100 yds. Not sure how you feel about a red dot but there are a lot of them out there. Just don't go super cheap. Made that mistake on a red dot on my SKS a while back and it only lasted one shot. :cautious:

It's hard to tell. The AT3 Dot/Laser combo that I just sent back because the laser failed on the 4th round fired from my 300 BO cost $150.
The cheap Pinty Dot that I put on it for the heck of it is working fine after a couple hundred rounds. Hasn't lost zero and cost a whopping $25.
So I'm still looking for something decent and inexpensive.

Back