testtest

Smith and Wesson Factory in 1990

shanneba

Custom
Back in July 1990 I was invited to the Smith and Wesson factory for a dealer meeting.

There were about 12-15 dealers represented. The S&W sales reps choose one dealer in their area.
The owner of the shop I worked for did not want to go and asked if I would like to go.
Of Course!!

We spent 3 days at the Springfield, Massachusetts factory, we met with one of the VPs to discuss the state of S&W from the dealer's perspective. One day we spent at the range with current and a few unannounced new products. One day we had a tour of the factory, I had my camera with me but could only take pictures in a few locations "approved" by the tour guide.

Here is a link to the photos I took (scanned recently from 30-year-old 35mm negatives)

Smith & Wesson Factory in 1990

Last edited:
Back in July 1990 I was invited to the Smith and Wesson factory for a dealer meeting.

There were about 12-15 dealers represented. The S&W sales reps choose one dealer in their area.
The owner of the shop I worked did not want to go and asked if I would like to go.
Of Course!!

We spent 3 days at the Springfield, Massachusetts factory, we met with one of the VPs to discuss the state of S&W from the dealer's perspective. One day we spent at the range with current and a few unannounced new products. One day we had a tour of the factory, I had my camera with me but could only take pictures in a few locations "approved" by the tour guide.

Here is a link to the photos I took (scanned recently from 30-year-old 35mm negatives)

Smith & Wesson Factory in 1990
Thank for posting Shanneba. From what I understand from watching their Tenn. Grand Opening shown on "Gun Talk", the CEO mentioned their Springfield Mass. plant would remain opened to do their forging and I think produce their revolver line.
Great pictures by the way.

Spent 10 years of my life working on that machine, 2 spindle shaper.

Attachments

• y4mkeKKXrUA9LHYwsTREVjgMTVVkcn87AcSN-NQTWonlhuXLC5Ph3bk5Lj2AeEYhbEh4eYec7smt1uREMN1MsTo4RSKJzA...jpg
    y4mkeKKXrUA9LHYwsTREVjgMTVVkcn87AcSN-NQTWonlhuXLC5Ph3bk5Lj2AeEYhbEh4eYec7smt1uREMN1MsTo4RSKJzA...jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 81
Back