testtest

so at the public range today.......

Old_Me

SAINT
i took my Rock Island Armory .22 mag, in 1911 style.

had 2 boxes of .22 mag ammo.

had a blast.

the RSO was watching me, and noticed that the gun hardly had any recoil

he asked me about the gun, price, as he already has 3 RIA 1911's, in different calibers.

i told him i wished he had said something, i'd have let him shoot it.

so i go out to the store counter, they had .22 mag ammo, bought a box.

loaded it up, to 10 rounds (RI legal limits), and he was really super impressed

i had to tell him about the tiny spring and tinier pin the keeps the inner barrel and outer shell lined up, i will take pics later and post

told him if he buys one, to field strip it using a vise grip to hold the guide rod, and to capture those tiny pieces....otherwise, it'll be a very long time, to get replacements.

he said i should not have bought ammo, but i have known him for like 3-4 years now....and apparently he was "on the fence" to buy one.......he said now he wants one

i took my Rock Island Armory .22 mag, in 1911 style.

had 2 boxes of .22 mag ammo.

had a blast.

the RSO was watching me, and noticed that the gun hardly had any recoil

he asked me about the gun, price, as he already has 3 RIA 1911's, in different calibers.

i told him i wished he had said something, i'd have let him shoot it.

so i go out to the store counter, they had .22 mag ammo, bought a box.

loaded it up, to 10 rounds (RI legal limits), and he was really super impressed

i had to tell him about the tiny spring and tinier pin the keeps the inner barrel and outer shell lined up, i will take pics later and post

told him if he buys one, to field strip it using a vise grip to hold the guide rod, and to capture those tiny pieces....otherwise, it'll be a very long time, to get replacements.

he said i should not have bought ammo, but i have known him for like 3-4 years now....and apparently he was "on the fence" to buy one.......he said now he wants one
Have you had any trouble with it cycling regular LRs or are you only shooting mags? My GSG 1911 .22 sometimes does not like regular LRs it seems... (I need to try more brands)

Have you had any trouble with it cycling regular LRs or are you only shooting mags? My GSG 1911 .22 sometimes does not like regular LRs it seems... (I need to try more brands)
yes, thru the mom/pop gun-bait store, i bought 500 rds of Speer TNT 22 WMR, 30 gr, hollow points, that he informed me of, from a gun store on Gunbroker

sometimes they cycle the slide back, many times not.....i only have 100 rds left, and will be rid of these "ordinary" WMR for this gun...so mags only work best....now, i prefer cci....another shooter at the public range has used Armscor mags, and he has blown out 2 magazines thus far............i hadn't not seen him in a long time, so i cannot recall if he sent the gun back, to be checked out

otherwise, it is a terrific .22 mag...that has made it easy for me to win 2 years in a row, the christmas ornament shooting contest.

last years contest, 1st shot, at 25 yards, standing, no bench rest allowed, pistols only...i won a S&W 9mm.......can't recall what it was, i sold it

1729629155658.png

2022 contest, same distance, this time 2 shots, then etc, etc, and my prize...

1729629254223.png

yes, thru the mom/pop gun-bait store, i bought 500 rds of Speer TNT 22 WMR, 30 gr, hollow points, that he informed me of, from a gun store on Gunbroker

sometimes they cycle the slide back, many times not.....i only have 100 rds left, and will be rid of these "ordinary" WMR for this gun...so mags only work best....now, i prefer cci....another shooter at the public range has used Armscor mags, and he has blown out 2 magazines thus far............i hadn't not seen him in a long time, so i cannot recall if he sent the gun back, to be checked out

otherwise, it is a terrific .22 mag...that has made it easy for me to win 2 years in a row, the christmas ornament shooting contest.

last years contest, 1st shot, at 25 yards, standing, no bench rest allowed, pistols only...i won a S&W 9mm.......can't recall what it was, i sold it

View attachment 68746

2022 contest, same distance, this time 2 shots, then etc, etc, and my prize...

View attachment 68747
Damn good on you sir!

Back