testtest

SOCOM 16 — Is a .308 Too Much for Home Defense?

My original request:

What's involved with tuning gas-operated rifles to back pressure from adding a suppressor? There's got to be more to this than just screwing a can onto the muzzle....

I have to agree that using an M1A for home defense has some significant 'what-if's' but then there's always the best tool for the job, you just have to be prepared for the blowback when it happens.
No, the original post is about using a SOCOM 16 for home defense.

I'll stay with my 12 gauge with No. 1 buck. If I have to go rifle, it'll be my Arsenal AK clone. .308 is just too much unless I was living on a farm.

“SOCOM 16 — Is a .308 Too Much for Home Defense?”
No it's not too much in my home... no more than any other defensive tool I have at my disposal.

IMG_1633.JPG

I have the SOCOM 16 and it is one of the best firearms I own.

I have a question on the Vortex Venom optic. What is the mount? I've tried to find it at Vortex and even made an inquiry. No luck so far. Much appreciated.
It is the “ Doctor” footprint.

Nice rifle, but I’m not a rifle fan for SD. Justifiable SD in any realistic scenario is not going to involve “long range” shots-I’ll settle for a nice 12 gauge every single time. More horsepower on target, not to likely to cause damage 1/4 mile away. YMM

So, .308 for home defense. Farm /Forest where you're defending against man or predator with distant neighbors, yes, with great care. Urban/City neighborhoods probably to much rifle. But remember the L.A. Korean neighborhoods riots and just recently the murdered families in the Israeli Kibbutz's and the murdered concert goers of Israel. Who would have expected to be murdered from Para Gliding Hezbollah military? and now foreign military sympathizer's pouring into in our streets, in our college neighborhoods. Unknown quantities pouring in over out boarders. Find the people in your circles of people who are combat veteran and TRAINED for this kind of thing ( which I am NOT) ask and listen. Should you find yourself in such a bad spot, Pray up to God for wisdom while calling for the Sheriff, the rest is your choice and good judgment.

No chance I'd ever use a .308 inside my home. If the 9mm p365 and SP5 don't get it done, such is life. .308 is for reaching out and hunting. I forget to mention the AK also within reach inside my home (3RD resort after above 2).

Back