testtest

Something profound?

Sld1959

Hellcat
Woke up at 3am, as usual, and thought, 65, that age you hear so much about. Right up there with 16, 18, 21, 50, 65... then I thought, this is like, it, the last IT birthday out side of 100 which few reach and death which everone reaches.

One should have some profound thought when one lives 65 years and still has a semblance of rational thought left. So..

I find myself not having a damn thing profound or even interesting, except...

Damn it came fast.

Woke up at 3am, as usual, and thought, 65, that age you hear so much about. Right up there with 16, 18, 21, 50, 65... then I thought, this is like, it, the last IT birthday out side of 100 which few reach and death which everone reaches.

One should have some profound thought when one lives 65 years and still has a semblance of rational thought left. So..

Damn it came fast.
Don't stand up too fast

Damn it came fast.
Here’s my profound statement for you …..😉

1716044005629.gif

I am not too sure about profundity, but to my way of thinking reaching 70, 80, 90, 100 et al would be milestones. Sometimes I can't believe I've lived as long as I have, what with all the shite I lived and pushed through. However, the older I get, the more I begin to understand some things and I choose carefully what to use my energy on. These days I am all about letting go of the crap I can't control, and keeping things simple.

Damn it came fast.
Getting old is not for wimps!

Damn it came fast.
I'm with ya at 76. Not too long ago I got up twice to go pee and both times forgot what I got up for. It's funny and sad.

I am not too sure about profundity, but to my way of thinking reaching 70, 80, 90, 100 et al would be milestones. Sometimes I can't believe I've lived as long as I have, what with all the shite I lived and pushed through. However, the older I get, the more I begin to understand some things and I choose carefully what to use my energy on. These days I am all about letting go of the crap I can't control, and keeping things simple.
Makes good sense.

Damn it came fast.
A friend told me, “Getting old is a privilege.”

Profundity comes in great waves to me, whilst conserving energy, nestled in my recliner (tic). I feel pretty fortunate in my 70's for a guy who wasn't sure he would see 21.

Damn it came fast.
I'm 77 and still buying guns, shooting and grateful for the life I've had so far. Many of my friends, in and out of the military, never got the chance to reach this age. Enjoy life!

Profundity comes in great waves to me, whilst conserving energy, nestled in my recliner (tic). I feel pretty fortunate in my 70's for a guy who wasn't sure he would see 21.
Like you I had serious doubts I'd see 21. Yes, we are fortunate.
My mother never ceases to remind me that it took a lot of will power on her part to let me live past 17. By 21 I was in the military and on my own. so to speak. I look back at that time and am amazed I survived some of the stunts I pulled..

Back