testtest

Springfield Hellion 5.56 rifle

dv8pnt

Alpha
Hello . New member here but long time follower of this thread. My wife won a hellion at a gun bash recently. I was looking for some input on them from owners. my other springfields include a 45 emmissary and a hellcat. I always enjoy this site and seems like a lot of knowledge in this group. Thanks

Hello . New member here but long time follower of this thread. My wife won a hellion at a gun bash recently. I was looking for some input on them from owners. my other springfields include a 45 emmissary and a hellcat. I always enjoy this site and seems like a lot of knowledge in this group. Thanks
Excellent bullpup.
Love mine to death.
Suppresses easily with the gas plug ready to just flip to suppressed. Not a lot of blowback either .
I’m a south paw so it converts to left eject super quick.
Great balance. Easy to manipulate. Takes all standard mags for an AR-15. Even used my 60 rd ati mag on it
Great rifle.
Congrats on the win !!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Nice win!

I've have very limited exposure to the Hellion. One of my instructors brought his to class one day for show-and-tell. ;) He let me put a few rounds through it. I was quite impressed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Like my Hellion. It is finicky with ammo (mine will not reliable cycle any .223 I've fed it). Optic height-over-bore will take getting used to. I am still unable to remove the trigger pack after a year (maybe longer, I forget when I bought it)...will have to take it to a gunsmith eventually so I can clean it (trigger pack). Otherwise I like it's positive attributes.

I've had my Hellion since launch and I've found it to be dependable and accurate. I keep a Burris RT1 non magnified RDS and I hit steel targets out to 300yds consistently. Great rifle in a small balanced package.
Hey 10mmLife, do you mount your dot full height, or do you go without a riser so you can co-witness with irons? I just slapped on an older dot without the riser, and discovered it co-witnesses with the stock irons. Gotta cock your head over to use them...but will take it out soon to see if it's doable. The head-cock has me thinking it may not work...

And for you Beavis/Butthead fans, get your mind out of the gutter.

Hey 10mmLife, do you mount your dot full height, or do you go without a riser so you can co-witness with irons? I just slapped on an older dot without the riser, and discovered it co-witnesses with the stock irons. Gotta cock your head over to use them...but will take it out soon to see if it's doable. The head-cock has me thinking it may not work...

And for you Beavis/Butthead fans, get your mind out of the gutter.
This is the setup I have for the Hellion. Believe it or not but the fore grip feels really natural on the Hellion.
1000025284.jpg

I got a Hellion when they first were released. I’ve shot maybe 100 rounds through it. It’s a neat concept.
I’ve been meaning to try and sight it in with a few different optics and loads to see what it is capable of. Haven’t had the time.

Back