testtest

suppressed Saint Victor AR15 with 8.5 inch barrel

macred

Alpha
So I am waiting on the ATF to bless my suppressor. I purchased it with a QD mount and am going to use it between a Sig M400 tread and my Saint Victor with an 8.5 inch barrel. The Sig in no problem. But the Saint pistols barrel essentially ends an inch inside the handguard. I reached out to Springfield and asked if they had a 7 inch handguard for it. And I got a short one word answer. No. So I could attach a 1 inch barrel extension and keep the existing handguard. But I would rather replace it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that sells a 7 inch handguard that will fit this platform?

So I am waiting on the ATF to bless my suppressor. I purchased it with a QD mount and am going to use it between a Sig M400 tread and my Saint Victor with an 8.5 inch barrel. The Sig in no problem. But the Saint pistols barrel essentially ends an inch inside the handguard. I reached out to Springfield and asked if they had a 7 inch handguard for it. And I got a short one word answer. No. So I could attach a 1 inch barrel extension and keep the existing handguard. But I would rather replace it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that sells a 7 inch handguard that will fit this platform?
Try midwayusa

This link allows you to pick a length option for the handguard

Any AR-15 free float handguard should work but you may not 100% match the finish of the receiver to the handguard depending on the handguard. I'd recommend a handguard with a Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish to better match the factory finish.

@KillerFord1977 made a good recommendation based on the brand of handguard. You will most likely need to remove the existing barrel nut and use the barrel nut provided with the new handguard. If you're not equipped with the proper armorer tools to do this job I'm sure a local gunsmith will be able to do this replacement for under $40.00

I've also bought a number of things from these guys. Maybe one of these 7" rails will strike your fancy. I've also found them to be very high quality and responsive.

In regards to xdman's reply. I have already purchased a one inch and 1.5 inch barrel extension. When measuring it appears that the one inch will do the trick but I wont know until I assemble the whole thing and see how it all fits. I would like to avoid changing the handguard if possible. I like the look of the current one that Springfield has provided. So in order of cost and convenience the extension is the path of least resistance. But, and forgive me for my ignorance in this question. Even though it looks like attaching an extension is a no brainer. It is sound practice?

Back