testtest

Taurus 22TUC

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The 22TUC is a .22 LR pocket pistol that features a tip-up barrel, a 9-round magazine capacity and a double-action-only trigger. The tip-up barrel means that the pistol can be loaded without having to manually cycle the slide, a good feature for anyone with hand strength issues, and it also makes it easier to stick an extra round in the chamber when loading to bring the capacity up to 10 rounds.

1728327484564.png

1728327522939.png

Taurus 22 TUC Specifications
  • Frame Size: Micro-compact
  • Barrel Length: 2.5 inches
  • Overall Length: 5 inches
  • Overall Height: 4.35 inches
  • Overall Width: 1 inch
  • Overall Weight: 10 ounces
  • Twist Rate: 1:10-inch, right hand
  • Grooves: 6
  • Frame Material: Polymer
  • Frame Finish: Black
  • Slide Material: Stainless-steel

1728327592267.png

If memory serves me, getting older so that might be in doubt, in the 70s or early 80s Taurus bought a defunct Beretta factory after they finished a military contract. From that they got the tooling for several pistols, definitely the 92, and I believe the Bobcat. Since then they have been in the Taurus lineup like bastard cousins. Pretty much exact in design, at least back then, they were generally not as well finished, nor as pricey, which made them instantly popular.

I have know guys who loved them, but if I wanted either of those pistols it would be the original Beretta.

Useless trivia Sam Winchester carried the 92 clone during all of Supernaturals 15 seasons

If memory serves me, getting older so that might be in doubt, in the 70s or early 80s Taurus bought a defunct Beretta factory after they finished a military contract. From that they got the tooling for several pistols, definitely the 92, and I believe the Bobcat. Since then they have been in the Taurus lineup like bastard cousins. Pretty much exact in design, at least back then, they were generally not as well finished, nor as pricey, which made them instantly popular.

I have know guys who loved them, but if I wanted either of those pistols it would be the original Beretta.

Useless trivia Sam Winchester carried the 92 clone during all of Supernaturals 15 seasons

When I had an itch for a Beretta 92, I bought a PT92; just as good, right?

Then I shot it side by side with my buddy’s Beretta. Night and day difference.

Sold the Taurus immediately. Bought a Beretta.

It’s like comparing a Rolex with a knockoff bought in a Hong Kong street vendor.

We can have this or a LCP II .380 or LCP II .22 in the same size. I'll stick with my .380.
Well, that is true enough, but this, like the Bobcat, has something your LCP and the Keltec it was derived from do not have, a tip up barrel. MIght not be important to you now, but some women an men with arthritis or weak fingers it can make a huge difference for. And we, sadly, may be in that boat one day, one never knows the future.

Last edited:
More...

Sure looks like the previous offering from Taurus along those lines. Will be interesting to see how heavy the DA trigger pull is, as that's the biggest concern I have with any tip-up barrel.

Back