testtest

TFB Turknelli Torture Test: Are Benelli M4 Clones Any Good?

That’s a bit early in the day, even for me…

I guess I would clean it and lube it like you would any other shotgun. That's only fair. You already know it's not a Benelli. Just remember if you have a similar experience as that lawyer dude from TFB, embrace it. ( maybe except the throwing it part, don't embrace that) Use it to figure out exactly what's going on because parts like extractors and what all are parts that people who own these change out and they claim it gives them better reliability. The Benelli parts are drop in.

I really wish more Turkish shotguns were reliable. I like some of their designs, and the prices are tempting. In the heat of the moment, part of me starts to think that some of the cooler Turkish shotguns may be worth a $300 gamble. Every time I come close to purchasing a Turkish shotgun, I remind myself that I can buy a $199 Mossberg Maverick 88 at Academy and not have to worry about reliability. My pump-action Maverick 88's may not look as tacti-cool as the Turkish semi-autos, but they go bang every time.

Turkish stuff is just like Chinese stuff. They will build things to a variety of quality/price points depending on what the original company wants. And they have cheap labor.

CZ has all they shotguns made in Turkey to CZ's specs, whereas the plethora of cheaper/semi-disposable stuff like the dozen or so Benelli replicas vary widely regarding quality depending on what th importer wants.

The Tisas BHP replicas had several problems, whereas the Girsans seem to be nearly spot on. And Canik handguns seem to be well received, as well as the SDS line of 1911s.

So regardless of how cool a Turkish firearm looks, one should do a lot of investigation work before deciding to go with a Turkish product.

So, long story short, mine ran, and ran great. Practically zero issues (misfed 1.75” shorties—surprise, Captain Obvious—and didn’t like it if it wasn’t firmly shouldered…like most semi-autos).

Hop on over to my first thread on it for the full story.

Back