testtest

Thanks for the add! Echelon fanboy here!

hworth18

Operator
Thanks for the add! I'm glad to be here.
Just a little background on myself. I've been shooting most of my adult life and after trying dozens of different handguns over the years, I found the Echelon. This model just checks all the boxes for me and I've been VERY happy with them so far. Oh, did I mention I have 2?
I'm excited to see what Springfield comes out next in the range. An OD Green, Comped Echelon would be my optimal gun. I carry one of my Echelons daily with the other doing home defense duty.

View attachment 63639

Just a little background on myself. I've been shooting most of my adult life and after trying dozens of different handguns over the years, I found the Echelon. This model just checks all the boxes for me and I've been VERY happy with them so far. Oh, did I mention I have 2?
I'm excited to see what Springfield comes out next in the range. An OD Green, Comped Echelon would be my optimal gun. I carry one of my Echelons daily with the other doing home defense duty.

View attachment 63639
you might want to edit the pic as NOT to show the serial number

Thanks, but that's not a worry.
While the article makes some good points, one thing it is overlooking here:

"There has been some debate about whether running a serial number constitutes a search. But let’s say a cop does run your serial number during a traffic stop and it comes back stolen.

It’s not like they will just give it to the person who reported it stolen. They will do the police thing and, you know, investigate. They’ll look at the 4473 on file with the dealer and they’ll look at your receipt. And they’ll note that you have photos of the gun. And that you bought a holster for it with a credit card three years before it was supposedly stolen. And the complete lack of any evidence whatsoever that the other guy ever had the gun. Then they’ll lock him up for filing a false report. Do not pass GO."

Is that during the course of that investigation YOU will be going downtown with them as a suspect for possessing a stolen firearm and depending on the jurisdiction this alone could be a very bad day for you. Then you have the fact that at a minimum they are going to take your gun only ( hopefully) giving it back once their investigation is concluded. And we all know police investigations happen at lightning speed like on TV right ?

Also there is a way the author didn't mention that unscrupulous people can use your serial number and it is probably the main reason you shouldn't post pictures of it. They will use the picture in scam ads, "Selling" the gun to unwitting buyers who will never see their money again because even though they felt something wasn't right, that the price was too good and the seller only accepted Zelle or Venmo or PP friends and family, they went ahead and transferred the money.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. The Echelon is the first SA handgun that gave me wood since I got my first striker, an XD Mod 2 4" .45.

Last edited:
For the record, as Basscliff can attest, we musicians have been blotting out serial numbers on our bass and guitar photos for that exact reason. The scam ads I mean. It's not like they can report your Les Paul stolen and a cop is going to pull you over and check the serial number on your guitar. No one wants to help thieves ply their trade.

Here, let's try this again....
453594309_10223457724345041_8099793661271904284_n 2.jpg

View attachment 63639
Welcome from South Texas. On your side really like my Echelon.

Back