testtest

The Good and Bad of Constitutional Carry

Illinois does not have duty to inform . When they run our plates they know if we have a FOID and if we have a CCL endorsement on the FOID card.

After being pulled over , if the police officer asks about a firearm , then we have to say yes if we do.

In my LEO history, we satisfied qualifications bi-annually. I always felt like that schedule should be doubled. As for further training, many of us felt that what was offered/expected was woefully lacking and inefficient, even for patrol duty. Supplemental training courses were on us, of course.

In my LEO history, we satisfied qualifications bi-annually. I always felt like that schedule should be doubled. As for further training, many of us felt that what was offered/expected was woefully lacking and inefficient, even for patrol duty. Supplemental training courses were on us, of course.
I was fortunate in that we shot A LOT at my PD, even more with SWAT, but I never felt it was enough. Training takes time, and with short staffing pressures, something has to give. As one chief once said to me, when my officers are in training they are not answering calls for service. Adequate staffing levels should include adequate officer training time so as to not impact service delivery, but many agencies just don't have the manpower budget.

I was fortunate in that we shot A LOT at my PD, even more with SWAT, but I never felt it was enough. Training takes time, and with short staffing pressures, something has to give. As one chief once said to me, when my officers are in training they are not answering calls for service. Adequate staffing levels should include adequate officer training time so as to not impact service delivery, but many agencies just don't have the manpower budget.
Well said. . .

My agency has qualification once per year. Actually have mine next week.
We had an optional practice qualification last month, but it was optional.
We also have a dimilight shoot and a tactical shoot oncer per year.
We are supposed to have a room clearing shoot and some force on force with simunition but that got squashed during Covid and never restarted

Our initial training is 2 weeks and it is actually very good.

My agency has qualification once per year. Actually have mine next week.
We had an optional practice qualification last month, but it was optional.
We also have a dimilight shoot and a tactical shoot oncer per year.
We are supposed to have a room clearing shoot and some force on force with simunition but that got squashed during Covid and never restarted

Our initial training is 2 weeks and it is actually very good.
I think 80 hours on the range is about standard in police academies. Of interest in Florida the school Guardians get 120 hours with precision pistol training and very demanding qualification standards.

Back