testtest

The Rock Island Armory STK100

I didn't catch that this was a post from June until everybody outed the troll. I'm intrigued by the concept of the STK100. I'm not sure it would ever be something I'd purchase, but I'd be willing to put a few mags through one if it shows up in the rental case at my range. I haven't seen one yet or heard anything about them. Did the STK100 make it on to many store shelves, or is it another victim of the 2021 supply chain?

I didn't catch that this was a post from June until everybody outed the troll. I'm intrigued by the concept of the STK100. I'm not sure it would ever be something I'd purchase, but I'd be willing to put a few mags through one if it shows up in the rental case at my range. I haven't seen one yet or heard anything about them. Did the STK100 make it on to many store shelves, or is it another victim of the 2021 supply chain?

June? Hah, only June? :) Still haven't seen one on shelves.
Have seen some posts older and still liked them, so why not? Good is good, relevant is relevant?

I have gone through about 20-gun purchases in a year and this Rock Island STK100 has, by far, been the biggest disappointment of them all. BRAND NEW, the three flat head screws, on its left side started to unthread themselves after about 100 rounds, no Loctite on them at all, too much Loctite on the optic site cover, had to use a heat gun to get them off, magazines won't lock in without a good slam, and biggest issue, fails to eject about 40% of the time. AND , I can only get 9 rounds into the 10 round magazines, UGH! The finish looks like third world flat black house paint, and the barrel looks like Harbour Freight's $ 9.99 1000-piece socket set metal. Nothing like a $500 paper weight and a constant reminder of my bad choice. Just have to wait 4-6 weeks for the Rock Island " gunsmith" to spray some oil on it , shoot 1 round , and proclaim it fixed.

I have gone through about 20-gun purchases in a year and this Rock Island STK100 has, by far, been the biggest disappointment of them all. BRAND NEW, the three flat head screws, on its left side started to unthread themselves after about 100 rounds, no Loctite on them at all, too much Loctite on the optic site cover, had to use a heat gun to get them off, magazines won't lock in without a good slam, and biggest issue, fails to eject about 40% of the time. AND , I can only get 9 rounds into the 10 round magazines, UGH! The finish looks like third world flat black house paint, and the barrel looks like Harbour Freight's $ 9.99 1000-piece socket set metal. Nothing like a $500 paper weight and a constant reminder of my bad choice. Just have to wait 4-6 weeks for the Rock Island " gunsmith" to spray some oil on it , shoot 1 round , and proclaim it fixed.
Ooh.

2 posts just to bash.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Welcome to the forum.

Could you post some pictures of the pistol so we can see the issues you have had with it.

I have no experience with this particular model and I'm curious to know of any potential problems with any firearms being currently produced and pictures speak a thousand words.

Last edited:
1640224677717.jpeg

Yep, we’ve def heard this one before. Nothing new here; would prefer to know how RI handles it.
I've posted this issue on every forum I could find that it might matter, I finally got a response from posting it on RI Messenger app. They have had it since 12/9/2021 and the message was near useless. They just said its in the queue and repair time is 4-6 weeks. And if they finish it before the 6-week window, they would send it back ??????? I should have replied " ? 4-6 weeks , ?? You have that many broken guns " ???

Pics of some of the failures. This youtube video of the RI STK100 had all the same issues I had, except the FTE.

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 162
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 166
  • b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 160
  • b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 173
  • b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 164
  • b16.jpg
    b16.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 170
I've posted this issue on every forum I could find that it might matter, I finally got a response from posting it on RI Messenger app. They have had it since 12/9/2021 and the message was near useless. They just said its in the queue and repair time is 4-6 weeks. And if they finish it before the 6-week window, they would send it back ??????? I should have replied " ? 4-6 weeks , ?? You have that many broken guns " ???
1641003421998.png

My goodness, aren’t we entitled…

Given the worker and parts shortages, and yes explosion in firearm related sales, which naturally will increase warrantee work, that does not sound out of line. These issues are , well pandemic, in every single industry. And yes before someone goes nuts,, I know I used the term incorrectly, but it fit.

I have seen wait times for hand worked items in the 6 month ranges. Heck I waited 4 months for a pair of Altamont jframe grips which in the past I received in a week.

Perhaps instead you should have replied, "thank you" and learned a tad bit of patience.

Last edited:
Given the worker and parts shortages, and yes explosion in firearm related sales, which naturally will increase warrantee work, that does not sound out of line. These issues are , well pandemic, in every single industry. I have seen wait times for hand worked items in the 6 month ranges. Heck I waited 4 months for a pair of Altamont jframe grips which in the past I received in a week.

Perhaps instead you should have replied, "thank you" and learned a tad bit of patience.
Add in the holiday season, with shipping slowdowns and likely employee vacations…

Need we even mention the current surge of Omicron cases? My shift at work has 10% out because of it as of Friday…

But no, let’s listen to the entitled, whiny kvetching some more. I’m sure none of that means anything…

Add in the holiday season, with shipping slowdowns and likely employee vacations…

Need we even mention the current surge of Omicron cases? My shift at work has 10% out because of it as of Friday…

But no, let’s listen to the entitled, whiny kvetching some more. I’m sure none of that means anything…
Wow, 10% is getting seriousy in the hard numbers to absorb in ANY industry.

With all the available offerings in this class and similar price point from manufacturers like S&W, Ruger, HK, IWI, CZ, etc. I am personally inclined to not give a second thought to an Armscor offering.

With all the available offerings in this class and similar price point from manufacturers like S&W, Ruger, HK, IWI, CZ, etc. I am personally inclined to not give a second thought to an Armscor offering.
Not many metal framed strikers out there, unless you want to shell out the big bucks.

Back