testtest

Tritium sight for XD9 subcompact

RickVS

Alpha
I ordered a tritium front sight for my XD9 subcompact from Amazon. The listing said it was for multiple XD models but not specifically the subcompact. I asked and the response was that it would fit. Of course, when I got it, the base was far too large for the dovetail. I haven't used my calipers, but the dovetail on my firearm is about 1/8" while the base on the sight I received was closer to 1/4". I am sure someone makes one.... I have searched various manufacturers and have not found one that says it fits the subcompact.

The subcompact dovetails are the same as the bigger XD’s.
Thanks - the sight must have been packaged incorrectly. As I said, the dovetail on my handgun is about 1/8 inch while the base of the sight was about 1/4 inch.

Is the XDM different?
Nope the XDM, XDS, XDE, Hellcat even echelon uses the same dovetail. Exception the Hellcat OSP rear is different (front is same as others) and XDM 5.25 rear is different (front is the same). Echelon has a hybrid midsize height sight to co witness with the red dot so standard “XD” sights might be to short to co witness depending on red dot and how much adjustment it has.

Thanks - the sight must have been packaged incorrectly. As I said, the dovetail on my handgun is about 1/8 inch while the base of the sight was about 1/4 inch.
Sounds like S&W front

Back