testtest

Tuesdays With Smith & Wesson

In the oddball but I have been hoping for them to reintroduce the steel frame hammer fired DA/SA 5900, 4006, 1000 and 4566 series with a slide mounted de cock only

And 3” Model 13/65 K Frames
Sort of like this?

Attachments

• 20240701_141338.jpg
    20240701_141338.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
I dearly love my old S&Ws. But they haven't put out anything that interested me in at least 20 years. Plus their QC has gone completely down the toilet. Probably just more plastic junk. :rolleyes:
I will say the M&P line is my favorite striker fired handgun. I shoot them better than any Glock or others and on par to my DA Revolver and Sig 22X series. I have had several since 2007 from first versions to new 2.0 and none of them have had any issues

I have seen a couple S&aw revolvers with some send back issues from my shop but a lot of companies had it worse. I know I have had to send back more Rugers than any S&W and I own a like 10-1 S&W vs Rugers.

I bought one of the shiny and black ones. Another guy i know bought one last week. Rear sight fell off in the case he had it in. It jammed up in the reciever after three shots. The reciever bolts were all loose. Id say their qc pretty much sucked on that one. I got lucky. Mines been fine
I wish them well on this like I never wish a manufacturer to fail. Even if it’s something I’m not interested in.

That said I have a couple Marlins that are solid and give me no reason to want a S&W lever. And if I get another lever I’d be more likely to do another Marlin (Ruger) Rossi or Henry but that’s just me.

Back