testtest
So I’ve been wanting to get a micro compensator for my Hellcat OSP since I first shot it. I also have my eye on the Apex Tactical trigger upgrade. I saw they’re now selling the RDP, but I can’t justify spending a grand on a new pistol when I’ve got a perfectly good Hellcat already that just needs a threaded barrel, compensator, and trigger to get it to darn near perfect.
Does anyone know if there are any plans for Springfield to start selling the threaded barrel and self-indexing compensator for us early adopters to catch up? If not, anyone have a line on where I can get an equivalent that’s not sold out?

Ditto previous post. I sent Springfield an email stating that had I known the Hellcat with threaded barrel and comp were available, I would have bought it. My purchase was on Feb. 5th and I had been on numerous "firearm" websites looking for input /info on Hellcat and saw nothing about the Th barrel and comp. A month later I read about the RDP and was kind of p______ off.

So this gun is so new, the parts are not available to just sell. In the future it could be a possibility, think about it. They developed this new locking system that it just makes sense that will roll out to different guns. The Hellcat and XDME OSP have the same barrel thread. Then you also have aftermarket, if there is a demand they will make it.

You can‘t be mad at a new gun, every year since Springfield took over the HS2000 and released the XD there have been new pistols, new models and new features. Things come and go and things developed over time. So should I be mad at Springfield when I get an RDP now then next Shot Show they release the Hellcat whatever new features?

Apex-$79
Threaded barrel-$170-220
Comp-$100
You can spend $400 to make it what you want or sell your Hellcat for darn near msrp and get an RDP for $300 more. It’d be easier to just buy the parts you want and do the upgrade.

@EPP713 No gun mfg telegraphs their new models or upgrades before release. However, it’s just like buying an iPhone in September/October, it’s known that they bring out a new model in the fall. Same with guns, ShotShow is always in the first 2 months of the year and that’s when most mfg bring out new stuff.

I just bought my first hellcat back in nov 2020. I have put about 1k rounds through it so far. About 3 weeks ago I stubbled across the RDP on palmetto states website. Without even giving it a second thought I bought it.
I plan on putting wasp and light on one to keep inside home for defense and carrying the other as a conceal carry.
If you can find it in your budget own two.
Without adding another thread. Can you folks recommend a good concealment holster? Currently I have a Mission First Minimalist and really like it but want something that would offer a little more protection for my front sight post.

Last edited:
I just bought my first hellcat back in nov 2020. I have put about 1k rounds through it so far. About 3 weeks ago I stubbled across the RDP on palmetto states website. Without even giving it a second thought I bought it.
I plan on putting wasp and light on one to keep inside home for defense and carrying the other as a conceal carry.
Without adding another thread. Can you folks recommend a good concealment holster? Currently I have a Mission First Minimalist and really like it but want something that would offer a little more protection for my front sight post.
I’m happy with my Urban Carry G3. With practice your draw can be pretty quick and it’s the most comfortable concealment holster I’ve found

Just to be clear .... are you saying you have the 'Minimalist' for your Hellcat? I looked some time ago and found the Hellcat was not listed as one of their offerings. Thanks.

Just to be clear .... are you saying you have the 'Minimalist' for your Hellcat? I looked some time ago and found the Hellcat was not listed as one of their offerings. Thanks.
Yes

Attachments

• 7C37B3B3-860F-4D3E-AF0D-00AC75343529.jpeg
    7C37B3B3-860F-4D3E-AF0D-00AC75343529.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 547
Back