testtest

Waypoint 2020 Accuracy Issue

Fortunate enough to recently pick up a Sig Cross, Savage Impulse and Howa Carbon Stalker. Anxious to try these against the Waypoint

Took my new WP2020 6.5CM CB to the range today for the first time. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the initial accuracy of this $2k+ gun. 1.49" MOA is nowhere near .75" MOA guaranteed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a $300 savage that is more accurate than this..... This was with factory 143g ELD-X.

View attachment 26157
I have same issue of my waypoint 308, tried various match ammo and still hanging around 1.5 MOA, Shame of spring field

IMOP 1.5 isn't bad at all for a hunting rifle. You can hit an Elk in the heart at 300 no problem with 1.5 MOA!👍 I'm not entirely familiar with the Waypoint though. However, if SA claims 3/4 of a minute out of the box. I definitely see your concern. Is the Waypoint built to be a PRC rifle?

Took my new WP2020 6.5CM CB to the range today for the first time. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the initial accuracy of this $2k+ gun. 1.49" MOA is nowhere near .75" MOA guaranteed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a $300 savage that is more accurate than this..... This was with factory 143g ELD-X.

View attachment 26157

View attachment 26157
I have tried Federal terminal ascent, fed 165 trophy bonded tip, fed 165 and 150 fusion and winchester 150 Power Point, Any where from 1.25 to 3.9 inch groups. Not to happy, I emailed springfield about it and asked what ammo to get the .75 MOA. They replied Federal Match 168gr,Hornady match Custom 168 gr, Hornandy Tap 110 or 168. I bought a box of federal match and a box of hornady 168gr TAP. If these don't do under .75 I will take them up on sending it in. My thin barreled Browning BLR in 308 shoots tighter groups than this. I agree for a $2000 rifle I am not very excited at the moment

Back