testtest

What a turd!

What is Ruger’s deal that they can’t make a good 9mm service pistol? It’s like their kryptonite.
Some LE agencies looked at their 9mm offerings in the 80's and they fell way short. They had the ergonomics of a brick and reliability problems. The LC9 was an early micro 9 riding the CCW wave but mediocre in performance. I did hold a Koenig SR 1911 recently and must admit it looked and felt quality. But I will continue to put their semi auto centerfire pistols at the bottom of my list

Some LE agencies looked at their 9mm offerings in the 80's and they fell way short. They had the ergonomics of a brick and reliability problems. The LC9 was an early micro 9 riding the CCW wave but mediocre in performance. I did hold a Koenig SR 1911 recently and must admit it looked and felt quality. But I will continue to put their semi auto centerfire pistols at the bottom of my list
wow, the price of that Koenig (in 45) was a bit much......i'd rather have a Dan Wesson.

I purchased this to be a truck gun nothing more. Now it's just a paper weight, would not trust it ever. Took a while and learned my lesson---don't cheap out on especially firearms. I can afford to purchase better.
If I may say, if you wanted one like you said, should have tried a Ruger Max-9, mine has over 500 rounds now though it, and its been flawless ……in fact it’s my CCW gun now, figured since it’s ok, if something happens to it, rather have it with the Ruger then my more expensive Sigs or Springfield’s

If I may say, if you wanted one like you said, should have tried a Ruger Max-9, mine has over 500 rounds now though it, and its been flawless ……in fact it’s my CCW gun now, figured since it’s ok, if something happens to it, rather have it with the Ruger then my more expensive Sigs or Springfield’s
Why would you want a cheap gun for CCW? Life depends on it.
Least of your worries is authorities taking your gun after a gun battle.
Use the best firearm you have that fits your CCW needs regardless of price.

Now, if you were saying its your snake gun for the ranch truck, thats a whole different game.

Why would you want a cheap gun for CCW? Life depends on it.
Least of your worries is authorities taking your gun after a gun battle.
Use the best firearm you have that fits your CCW needs regardless of price.

Now, if you were saying its your snake gun for the ranch truck, thats a whole different game.
Well, for one it’s not a cheap gun, second I have complete faith in it, third I’m not worried about authorities taking it, I meant dropping it and such, to be completely honest, it’s more reliable then my Hellcat and far more accurate and it feeds everything I threw at it. I know there are Ruger haters, Glock haters on here that look down on any of these manufacturers and swear by there more higher priced offerings, like Sig and H&K, but until you try one for yourself, you don’t have the full story, and yes I have a Sig 365, really like it, as for H&K, had a few of these over the years, over rated and not my cup of tea, just sayin

Well, for one it’s not a cheap gun, second I have complete faith in it, third I’m not worried about authorities taking it, I meant dropping it and such, to be completely honest, it’s more reliable then my Hellcat and far more accurate and it feeds everything I threw at it. I know there are Ruger haters, Glock haters on here that look down on any of these manufacturers and swear by there more higher priced offerings, like Sig and H&K, but until you try one for yourself, you don’t have the full story, and yes I have a Sig 365, really like it, as for H&K, had a few of these over the years, over rated and not my cup of tea, just sayin
My comment was not based on name brand of gun, my comment was based on your “if something happens to it”.
And to me, Ruger plastic pistol are inexpensive compared to the rest of your firearms.

My comment was not based on name brand of gun, my comment was based on your “if something happens to it”.
And to me, Ruger plastic pistol are inexpensive compared to the rest of your firearms.
Yea, the polymer is somewhat plastically, but this model has a metal subframe, so the slide runs on metal to metal contact, not the plastic rails on some of there other models which I think has something to do with its reliability, and my comment on is something happens to it was if I dropped it, got soaked in rain and such, that I would rather it happen with this gun instead of my 365 or Hellcat.

I have a Security 9 Compact. No issues. If it wasn't teal I might consider carrying it. It has been fine, I don't know what I was thinking. Teal, really? Anyway, the trigger is better than my Glock and it has been accurate (enough anyway for me). It also takes the full size Security 9 mags as well which is a plus.

This is not my first Ruger semi-auto. I have a P-85 bought new. It went back and got the MK II upgrade for the recall. Great gun if ugly. I have a P-95, the one with a rail. Great gun. I have a P345. It has never been shot. Don't know if I will shoot it, it's really pretty. I have a LC9s. It's okay. It's a tiny 9 and shoots like one: snappy and my groups expand exponentially with distance, not that if its farther away than 15 yards I probably should be trying to exfiltrate in lieu of engaging anything.

What is annoying about the Security 9 Compact, beyond the weird color, is that fact that Ruger went with a proprietary rear sight. WTF? Why not just make it a Novak, or whatever is on the bulk of their autos? Why do any of these companies make it more difficult to add or upgrade components. You cant hang a red dot on it unless you want to have it milled. If you do that you can have a normal (Novak) rear sight channel added. Why isn't that just part of it.

Why did it have to be teal? Why?

Last edited:
I have a Security 9 Compact. No issues. If it wasn't teal I might consider carrying it. It has been fine, I don't know what I was thinking. Teal, really? Anyway, the trigger is better than my Glock and it has been accurate (enough anyway for me). It also takes the full size Security 9 mags as well which is a plus.

This is not my first Ruger semi-auto. I have a P-85 bought new. It went back and got the MK II upgrade for the recall. Great gun if ugly. I have a P-95, the one with a rail. Great gun. I have a P345. It has never been shot. Don't know if I will shoot it, it's really pretty. I have a LC9s. It's okay. It's a tiny 9 and shoots like one: snappy and my groups expand exponentially with distance, not that if its farther away than 15 yards I probably should be trying to exfiltrate in lieu of engaging anything.

What is annoying about the Security 9 Compact, beyond the weird color, is that fact that Ruger went with a proprietary rear sight. WTF? Why not just make it a Novak, or whatever is on the bulk of their autos? Why do any of these companies make it more difficult to add or upgrade components. You cant hang a red dot on it unless you want to have it milled. If you do that you can have a normal (Novak) rear sight channel added. Why isn't that just part of it.

Why did it have to be teal? Why?
yeah...why teal..??

i had a new 1994 T-Bird, teal..the wife liked the color, and back then, it was very popular...

but a gun in teal..??

that's as bad as that bright lime green gun someone posted here a few days ago........christ........gun designers........they need brain transplants.

anyways.....like computer parts....propriety demands buying from 1 source, the manufacturer, or it eliminates putting something into or onto the equipment that might damage it?

when it came to computer components?

i always found a "work around"

same has to be said about sights.....if there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited:
Made a call to Ruger this morning and it's on the way back to Rugerland. When it gets back to me i'm taking it for a ride to a LGS and getting rid of it.
back in my youth, mom and dad would take things to "the farm".......cats, dogs, friends.........

i lost a lot of good friends back then......i wonder if they are still living........... on that farm.

Made a call to Ruger this morning and it's on the way back to Rugerland. When it gets back to me i'm taking it for a ride to a LGS and getting rid of it.

Now its the train station you have to worry about.
i guess you are too young to know...

look at what nmedge said.....
"i'm taking it (his gun) for a ride to a LGS, and getting rid of it"

my reference was......(back in my youth), our parents took our unwanted or troublesome or sickly pets...."to the farm"

meaning, to thier death

(some how, the bold and underline did not stop when i ended it)

Back