testtest

What are you doing right now??

Putting together my CO Elk hunt pack list.
Spent the afternoon confirming zero and shooting distance 100-400 yards
IMG_7859.jpeg

IMG_7858.jpeg

I work for the Department of the Army in facilities as a Carpenter/Maintenace mechanic on a military base. My 10-hour days are really 13 hours + because of my commute and having to get to work extra early to deal with the long lines getting on base in the mornings. Thousands of people work there. You can wind up sitting in line for over a half hour sometimes. But this is nothing compared to working offshore in the oil fields as a commercial diver. Those were 12–18-hour days 7 days a week for many weeks or months at a time. That was surely a job for the younger version of me. But it did pay very well.
I totally get that. I commute 45 minutes both ways for my job. Up at 03:00 every morning for a 05:30 10 hour shift. By the time I get home it’s usually 5PM or later if I have an errand to run in Fargo. I’m usually in bed within 2 hours from the time I get home. They don’t dare force us to work 7 days straight, but they think nothing of mandatory overtime on Fridays, and the odd Saturday.
I feel your pain.
commuting back and forth to a job i get that as well...i only had 1 job that took me at least 40 minutes getting there, but like 50 minutes getting back home, i early morning rush hour traffic.

we all lose so much time just commuting its ridiculous.

and as a trucker, i can also say i spent many hours waiting at the dock or at the customers place, nearly always unpaid......i was "lucky" if i got paid after sitting 2 hours as per my company agreement, and even then the companies always had something to say about paying me to just sit.

BS all around.

I done got sweaty, was rearranging things and found another use for these log tongs. much easier draggin these 100 to 200 pound cans around.

View attachment 67886View attachment 67887
i am certain you have seen this, but at the range i go to, a few older guys have ammo/range bags on wheels.... they can be pricey however, but very easy to wheel around.

one guy uses a fold up 2 wheelers he got at Harbor Freight.

Back